Donald Trump may be a genius!

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Whatever the truth, the simple fact is that Donald Trump is, thus far, perhaps the most productive president in American history. Only Teddy Roosevelt is a productive rival, and chaos surrounded him, as well. How can Trump’s purported chaotic insanity produce such positive results?

The simplest explanation is simple: Donald Trump may be a genius! Don’t laugh. He may be the real thing. He jokes about it, which suggests he doesn’t realize that he really is (see the Dunning-Kruger effect). His career record certainly suggests he is a major creative talent – and a gutsy one at that.

Perhaps President Trump is the kind of genius who thrives on turmoil. If so, that explains the chaos. In my profession of physics, there have been several brilliant notables with exactly that characteristic. It is not to say that Donald Trump lacks self-discipline. He wouldn’t be where he is today if discipline was lacking. His discipline is probably very different from the norm, but it clearly works.

Creative people understand chaos. They especially understand it if they have collaborated with other talented people on a difficult problem. Creative chaos is the norm in such an environment. Without that chaos productivity can vanish.

Trump faces a problem: the Government. The Government is not, by its nature, a creative institution. When it tries to be it almost invariable gets it wrong. Just consider all the failed social programs if you doubt this.

Government is good at routine. Routine minds are repelled by the kind of turbulence that surrounds Donald Trump. Which, of course, is the reason they have routine minds in routine jobs. Government is process oriented and rule bound. Once a routine is established things tend to go smoothly for a while. Unfortunately routine breaks down in stressing situations. Then, creative thinking is required. But the creativity is usually not there. Creative people just don’t fit comfortably in a process oriented organization.

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2018/09/presidential_chaos.html#ixzz5Qt4LmZyv

PsyOps

Pixelated
There is this paradox of Trump's personality. I try to keep in mind that he is a down-and-dirty New Yorker. But, I find it fascinating that someone who has achieved so much success has such a poor and crude speaking ability. It's that singular thing that has his detractors in frenzy to be rid of him. If he spoke eloquently, like Reagan, there wouldn't be all this fuss over him being president.

I am equally fascinated with peoples' inability to look past his crudeness and see who Trump really is. He is a guy who gets it done. Unlike just about every politician of the past, Trump is doing what he said he was going to do. And this has the establishment infuriated too. How dare he do what he promised to the people he would do! No one who achieves the kind of success Trump has achieved is stupid. I've worked under commanders who became generals and were far more crude than Trump. But, Trump is a global enterprise. And, the people have spoken, and he deserves to be given the chance to make things happen.

People like Maxine Waters and Trans don't have the ability to look beneath the surface. They are bigots in their own right. I don't know if Trump is greatest president we've had up to this point, but he is a fresh look at what many want in a politician: transparent, talking directly to the people, doing what he promised, not taking crap from his opposition, not taking crap from foreign leaders... I believe more than half of this country is fed up with the establishment ruling our government and deceiving the American people into believing they represent us. Trump isn't my favorite guy on a personal level; but he does represent what many of us are looking for to breaking from the bondage of the establishment.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
There is this paradox of Trump's personality. I try to keep in mind that he is a down-and-dirty New Yorker. But, I find it fascinating that someone who has achieved so much success has such a poor and crude speaking ability. It's that singular thing that has his detractors in frenzy to be rid of him. If he spoke eloquently, like Reagan, there wouldn't be all this fuss over him being president.

I am equally fascinated with peoples' inability to look past his crudeness and see who Trump really is. He is a guy who gets it done. Unlike just about every politician of the past, Trump is doing what he said he was going to do. And this has the establishment infuriated too. How dare he do what he promised to the people he would do! No one who achieves the kind of success Trump has achieved is stupid. I've worked under commanders who became generals and were far more crude than Trump. But, Trump is a global enterprise. And, the people have spoken, and he deserves to be given the chance to make things happen.

People like Maxine Waters and Trans don't have the ability to look beneath the surface. They are bigots in their own right. I don't know if Trump is greatest president we've had up to this point, but he is a fresh look at what many want in a politician: transparent, talking directly to the people, doing what he promised, not taking crap from his opposition, not taking crap from foreign leaders... I believe more than half of this country is fed up with the establishment ruling our government and deceiving the American people into believing they represent us. Trump isn't my favorite guy on a personal level; but he does represent what many of us are looking for to breaking from the bondage of the establishment.

Well said.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I believe more than half of this country is fed up with the establishment ruling our government and deceiving the American people into believing they represent us. Trump isn't my favorite guy on a personal level; but he does represent what many of us are looking for to breaking from the bondage of the establishment.

Trump was the ANTI-ESTABLISHMENT Candidate ... both sides hate him for it

Hijinx

We were sure fed up with the apologizing Muslim we had, and we weren't looking forward to another round of Clinton's and their corruption and perverted sex.
First Lady Huma Abedin wasn't a pleasant thought.

PsyOps

Pixelated
We were sure fed up with the apologizing Muslim we had, and we weren't looking forward to another round of Clinton's and their corruption and perverted sex.
First Lady Huma Abedin wasn't a pleasant thought.

Going into the general election, that absolutely true. But watching Trump drop-kick one establishment republican after another should have sent a clear message to the entire establish as to what Americans - particularly the GOP - are thinking about them. They seem to be ignoring that message.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

I disagree. Trump's status as a Washington outsider is what has them foaming more than they normally would at a Republican. Reagan was the target of liberals as well, if anyone cares to remember. Dubya was only 10 years ago, so surely we haven't forgotten the hysteria over him.

Our short memories will be our downfall.

What will also be our downfall is that we tend to laud orators. We like the pretty speeches. We are suckers for well presented rhetoric. Leaders who actually do things...meh...barf on that. We only like the pretty words.

I don't find Trump particularly "crude". Maybe it's because of my blue collar background, and that my friends tend to be middle class, but Trump speaks my language. I'm not a big fan of orators - great oration is a manipulation tactic designed to rouse the rabble and get them behind a cause that they don't understand. Barack Obama is a fantastic orator, perhaps the best I've seen in my lifetime. Orators are merely actors who can deliver their lines; they aren't action people and they aren't leaders.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Barack Obama is a fantastic orator, perhaps the best I've seen in my lifetime. Orators are merely actors who can deliver their lines; they aren't action people and they aren't leaders.

which is why he was referred to as 'The Teleprompter President' - you could always tell when Obama went off Script

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
which is why he was referred to as 'The Teleprompter President' - you could always tell when Obama went off Script

Yup. Actors playing a role are not speaking their own words, nor are they expressing their own views. They are reciting a script and feigning emotion.

Trump rarely uses a teleprompter and when one is available he may or may not follow it. He sucks as an actor but is very good at being himself. It's amazing to me how few people appreciate this.

stgislander

PREMO Member
I disagree. Trump's status as a Washington outsider is what has them foaming more than they normally would at a Republican. Reagan was the target of liberals as well, if anyone cares to remember. Dubya was only 10 years ago, so surely we haven't forgotten the hysteria over him.

What will also be our downfall is that we tend to laud orators. We like the pretty speeches. We are suckers for well presented rhetoric. Leaders who actually do things...meh...barf on that. We only like the pretty words.

I don't find Trump particularly "crude". Maybe it's because of my blue collar background, and that my friends tend to be middle class, but Trump speaks my language. I'm not a big fan of orators - great oration is a manipulation tactic designed to rouse the rabble and get them behind a cause that they don't understand. Barack Obama is a fantastic orator, perhaps the best I've seen in my lifetime. Orators are merely actors who can deliver their lines; they aren't action people and they aren't leaders.

This made me go back and watch the opening scene to Patton.

PsyOps

Pixelated

Well, this doesn't surprise me. :lol:

There were no calls for Reagan's or Bush's impeachment; at least no at this level. There was no BLM or ANTIFA. There were no members of congress calling on people to go after Reagan or Bush supporters. There weren't violent protests at Reagan's or Bush's rallies or their inaugurations. There was no false dossier in order to dredge up a bogus investigation in order to take down Reagan or Bush. There was no 'deep state' to take down a sitting president. There wasn't anywhere near the hysteria as we're seeing with Trump. My memory of Reagan may not be so good, but my memory of Bush is quite intact. I remember BDS. I remember Larry, and those like him.

My take on Trump's crudeness wasn't necessarily me having a problem with it; although I do believe he should learn to keep his mouth shut sometimes. I was speaking more for those who have a certain expectation of what 'presidential' should behave like. And Trump isn't it. And you called Obama an actor? Well, that's really all Trump is doing, but in a starkly different way. He spends most of time trolling people; and he seems to get a kick out of it. In the mean time, he is getting things done; and that's all I'm interested in.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
There were no calls for Reagan's or Bush's impeachment; at least no at this level.

Not true. I don't think a day went by that the bots weren't calling Bush a war criminal and screaming for his impeachment (or assassination). It wasn't a national pastime, like it is with Trump, but it was frequent.

There was no false dossier in order to dredge up a bogus investigation in order to take down Reagan or Bush.

OMG, how can you have forgotten the Dan Rather AWOL memos fiasco??

There weren't violent protests at Reagan's or Bush's rallies or their inaugurations.

Are you kidding me??? Click and scroll down to the photos.

He spends most of time trolling people

That is demonstrably not true. It takes roughly :30 to compose a tweet and hit Send.

I was speaking more for those who have a certain expectation of what 'presidential' should behave like.

You don't like Trump because he doesn't offer you pretty speeches; he's not "dignified" - I get that and that's fine. You can like what you like. I, however, do like Trump's plain speaking style and appreciate his candor. I LOVE!! it that he sticks it to his critics and calls them what they are - I admire more than I can say that he doesn't cower before these self-important big mouth celebrities. I am especially loving it that he's calling out our biased lying press - I have been waiting my whole entire life for a Republican to do that rather than roll over and bare his belly.

In the mean time, he is getting things done; and that's all I'm interested in.

:yay:

luvmygdaughters

I adore the fact that Trump is not a Washington DC, political insider/player. As much as I adore it, the dems and repubs hate it. He is exposing, what quite a few of us have known for years, the amount of BS that is piled on the "Hill". He doesnt play the game and he doesnt apologize to anyone for it. The fact that he may not voice his thoughts/opinions in a "politically correct" manner is refreshing!! Thats the reason he is in the White House, no more of the political:bs:

transporter

What dribble...

I don't think you are paying attention. Trump's success is and always been highly questionable. He is certainly a big mouth. It is less certain that there is much to back that up.

Yeah...most people see what Trump is...that is why his approval rating is in the 30s again...and why his disapproval rating is well above 50. It isn't Trump's crudeness that is a problem. It is his obvious lack of knowledge and lack of and desire to learn. How many of those generals that you worked for believe we should pull our troops out of allied nations? How many think we should have a parade down PA ave? How many think the Russians are our bestest buddies and that NATO is our "foe"?

Come one dumbass...crude is not the problem with Trump. TRUMP is the problem with Trump. The majority of American don't view him as credible or trustworthy.

How is Trump transparent? He lies every time he opens his mouth. You are too stupid to see that???

Again, you are not paying attention...more than half of this country can't stand Trump...he speaks directly to a minority of Americans....always has and apparently has no desire whatsoever to expand his reach...that is not the mark of a leader.

Trump can't manage...he can't hire...he can't negotiate...he has failed at each of those basic tasks as President. He spends his day at war with everyone...how in the hell can he lead? Christ he can't even keep an attorney employed to represent him. They all quit because he is such a lousy client and won't listen.

No, it isn't about crude....it is about Trump's complete failure as a person as a manager, as a leader, as a negotiator and his complete failure to make any effort to bring this country together. He's stuck with people like you and Vrai...he's got the Russians solidly behind him. The rest of the country and the rest of the world are looking elsewhere for leadership, stability and forward progress.

BTW...don't put me in the same category as Maxine Waters you ignorant POS.