Sigh

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
“In these times, it seems like the ‘Great Accuser’ has been unchained and is attacking bishops. True, we are all sinners, we bishops. He tries to uncover the sins, so they are visible in order to scandalize the people. The ‘Great Accuser,’ as he himself says to God in the first chapter of the Book of Job, ‘roams the earth looking for someone to accuse,'” Pope Francis said, according to an official report in Vatican news.

He added that in the current times, "the Great Accuser, has been let loose and he's got it in for the bishops. True, there are, we are all sinners, we bishops."

The "Great Accuser" is a reference to Satan first seen in the book of Job, in the Old Testament. Satan is there attempting to sow division by making false accusations of sin. Many faithful Catholics took the Pope's word, however, as an attack on lay people seeking transparency from the Vatican, which is accused of covering for bishops, cardinals, and other clerics accused of sexual abuse over the course of at least four decades.

Concluding, it appears the Pope suggested that people consider the real victims of the sexual abuse scandals currently roiling the Church: the bishops. The Devil, he said, "roams the world seeking how to blame. The strength of the bishop against the great accuser is prayer — his own and Jesus', the humility to feel chosen and staying close to the people of God without heading toward an aristocratic life."

Pope SHOCKS With Homily, Attacks 'Great Accuser' Satan For Exposing Bishops' Sins In Church Scandal

seekeroftruth

“In these times, it seems like the ‘Great Accuser’ has been unchained and is attacking bishops. True, we are all sinners, we bishops. He tries to uncover the sins, so they are visible in order to scandalize the people. The ‘Great Accuser,’ as he himself says to God in the first chapter of the Book of Job, ‘roams the earth looking for someone to accuse,'” Pope Francis said, according to an official report in Vatican news.

He added that in the current times, "the Great Accuser, has been let loose and he's got it in for the bishops. True, there are, we are all sinners, we bishops."

The "Great Accuser" is a reference to Satan first seen in the book of Job, in the Old Testament. Satan is there attempting to sow division by making false accusations of sin. Many faithful Catholics took the Pope's word, however, as an attack on lay people seeking transparency from the Vatican, which is accused of covering for bishops, cardinals, and other clerics accused of sexual abuse over the course of at least four decades.

Concluding, it appears the Pope suggested that people consider the real victims of the sexual abuse scandals currently roiling the Church: the bishops. The Devil, he said, "roams the world seeking how to blame. The strength of the bishop against the great accuser is prayer — his own and Jesus', the humility to feel chosen and staying close to the people of God without heading toward an aristocratic life."

Pope SHOCKS With Homily, Attacks 'Great Accuser' Satan For Exposing Bishops' Sins In Church Scandal

What is this aristocratic life?

aristocrat. ... The word aristocrat comes from the Greek word aristokratia, which itself comes from the root words aristos, meaning "best," and kratos, meaning "rule." So, the aristocracy was the ruling class of (supposedly) the best and noblest people, and an aristocrat was a member of that class.​

Is the pope saying that the problem is the good life these bishops and priests became accustomed too? Is the pope saying that if the bishops and priests had stayed in the Word instead of the world of the aristocracy of the church then none of this would have happened?

I was thinking.... Now that Billy Graham has passed.... is there anyone else preaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ our one and only Savior?

I don't get to preach much.... but I am really tempted to go on a rant here lately.... sorry about that... didn't mean to take sides.

:coffee:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I was thinking .... Now that Billy Graham has passed .... is there anyone else preaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ our one and only Savior?

I'm not sure ..... I'm sure there are still some good Preachers on WAVA

I don't get to preach much.... but I am really tempted to go on a rant here lately.... sorry about that... didn't mean to take sides.

no offense taken .... perverts are everywhere ... however the RCC seems to get all the bad press

Jimmy Swaggart getting caught with a Prostitute was not continual National News

I will Opine this more like GOD cleaning house, exposing the sinners for expulsion ... will men have the guts to do what is correct, or will men keep trying to hide their sins in the shadows

seekeroftruth

I'm not sure ..... I'm sure there are still some good Preachers on WAVA

no offense taken .... perverts are everywhere ... however the RCC seems to get all the bad press

I will Opine this more like GOD cleaning house, exposing the sinners for expulsion ... will men have the guts to do what is correct, or will men keep trying to hide their sins in the shadows

From what I've been reading up until now...Man is going to go on punching that envelope until he gets more vulgar every day.

I can't say as the preachers on WAVA are any better than the pope, bishops, and priests. I bet they've got quite a hefty little bank account... and new cars... they're selling plastic eggs with little objects inside... to make some bucks to pay the preacher.... who lives in a grand house... but talks good about feeding the poor and takes up regular collections for their poor retched souls. They couldn't bare to expose their thorns... because they would loose their home and job.

Pergamum, Thyatira, or Laodicea are so much like the churches of today. I went on a church web page in Southern Maryland. One of the church members on the site wanted to know who sells life insurance in the church.... and they got a name of one of the other members.... come on... Jesus is the only one who can give us Life Insurance.... why are they selling brokers on the church web page?

The churches are all upset about gay marriage... barring people from hearing the Gospel because they don't conform while poking their own golden calves back in their pocket.... a wooden nickel will do....

Ranting.. sorry...

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I listen to Chuck Missler video's on YT. He passed in May, but his voice lives on. He'll suck you in. I also like David Jeremiah, Alistair Begg, Ravi Zacharias, and an obscure preacher out of CA that I listen to on occasion. Can't remember his name right now, but I'll add it when I do....Jack Abeelen.

Last edited:

seekeroftruth

I listen to Chuck Missler video's on YT. He passed in May, but his voice lives on. He'll suck you in. I also like David Jeremiah, Alistair Begg, Ravi Zacharias, and an obscure preacher out of CA that I listen to on occasion. Can't remember his name right now, but I'll add it when I do....Jack Abeelen.

I use to listen to Alistair Begg..... These are all men of the Aristocracy of evangelical preaching.... A couple have written on what we should be doing with our money.... money.... money.... money....

glhs837

Power with Control

Had JS's ministers, had he thousands of them, been caught abusing small children with a history spanning decades with Jimmy S. and his leadership not only conspiring to hide those crimes and but also not even take concrete steps to preclude future offenses by those same people, then I'm pretty sure it would be continual national news. Lets face it, a verbal "Brother John is a bit weak in the self-restraint deparmtent around the youths" upon transfer isnt a plan.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
From what I've been reading up until now ... Man is going to go on punching that envelope until he gets more vulgar every day.

I can't say as the preachers on WAVA are any better than the pope, bishops, and priests.

:yay:

Fair Enough ... I have not tuned in, since the 90's
J Vernon McGee - been dead for yrs, he cannot be getting rich now with his recorded messages

I bet they've got quite a hefty little bank account... and new cars... they're selling plastic eggs with little objects inside... to make some bucks to pay the preacher.... who lives in a grand house... but talks good about feeding the poor and takes up regular collections for their poor retched souls. They couldn't bare to expose their thorns... because they would loose their home and job.

Hence my problem with Olestein and Prosperity Churches

Pergamum, Thyatira, or Laodicea are so much like the churches of today. I went on a church web page in Southern Maryland. One of the church members on the site wanted to know who sells life insurance in the church.... and they got a name of one of the other members.... come on... Jesus is the only one who can give us Life Insurance.... why are they selling brokers on the church web page?

The churches are all upset about gay marriage ... barring people from hearing the Gospel because they don't conform while poking their own golden calves back in their pocket.... a wooden nickel will do....

Ranting.. sorry...

:yay:

stgislander

PREMO Member

My guess is that in the RCC, the laity will take on a larger role within the church. At least within local churches.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
To be clear, the Pope is saying that those who seek to "uncover the sins" of priests and bishops are in league with Satan. This falls well in line with comments he made a week ago. Last Sunday, he said that "silence" is the way to respond to "people who seek only scandal, with those who look only for division, who want only destruction." Likening himself to Jesus, he insisted that Christ defeated "the wild dogs" by refusing to respond to them.

In review, those who accuse the hierarchy of corruption and who demand that the truth be brought into the light are nothing more than dogs and devils. Once again, Francis' disregard for the concerns of the laity has veered into outright contempt. But perhaps of more concern is the Pope's fundamental confusion about how Satan operates. If these statements are serious, and not just the angry, thoughtless outbursts of a cornered and desperate man, then it would appear that the Bishop of Rome suffers from severe theological ignorance.

Satan does not uncover sin. It is Jesus Christ who does that: "For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open" (Luke 8:17).

https://www.dailywire.com/news/35757/walsh-francis-and-devil-matt-walsh

seekeroftruth

To be clear, the Pope is saying that those who seek to "uncover the sins" of priests and bishops are in league with Satan. This falls well in line with comments he made a week ago. Last Sunday, he said that "silence" is the way to respond to "people who seek only scandal, with those who look only for division, who want only destruction." Likening himself to Jesus, he insisted that Christ defeated "the wild dogs" by refusing to respond to them.

In review, those who accuse the hierarchy of corruption and who demand that the truth be brought into the light are nothing more than dogs and devils. Once again, Francis' disregard for the concerns of the laity has veered into outright contempt. But perhaps of more concern is the Pope's fundamental confusion about how Satan operates. If these statements are serious, and not just the angry, thoughtless outbursts of a cornered and desperate man, then it would appear that the Bishop of Rome suffers from severe theological ignorance.

Satan does not uncover sin. It is Jesus Christ who does that: "For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open" (Luke 8:17).

https://www.dailywire.com/news/35757/walsh-francis-and-devil-matt-walsh

You have to admit... if he doesn't quiet the storm, the RCC might implode... then what would happen to the faith of those who are too ignorant to be discerning.... just like the temples in the Old Testament were taken over by ignorant people going along with what the fake priests told them to do.... It's a shame.