Franklin Graham tweet

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
"Our nation is in trouble—and it’s because we have taken God out of everything. Follow if you agree."

As most of you know, I don't believe in God. But I do understand the human need to believe in a deity or higher power or something that answers their questions and makes them feel protected. So I agree with Rev. Graham's statement: since we've taken God out of everything, lost souls are looking for something to believe in and be a part of. I think that's why we're seeing such a drug epidemic, and bizarre political ideas. I think that's why Democrats are so party-centric - that is their religion substitute and what they believe in now that they don't believe in God anymore.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
"Our nation is in trouble—and it’s because we have taken God out of everything. Follow if you agree."

As most of you know, I don't believe in God. But I do understand the human need to believe in a deity or higher power or something that answers their questions and makes them feel protected. So I agree with Rev. Graham's statement: since we've taken God out of everything, lost souls are looking for something to believe in and be a part of. I think that's why we're seeing such a drug epidemic, and bizarre political ideas. I think that's why Democrats are so party-centric - that is their religion substitute and what they believe in now that they don't believe in God anymore.
As an agnostic, I don't have any issues with the civilized religions but can't find any meaning in them either.

I do however strongly believe in the eventual self-extinction of mankind.

This_person

As a believer, I strongly respect your stance and agree with the tweet.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
There is a reason why Communist countries have a sanctioned mandatory religion or outlaw religion altogether. I can spell it out if you need me to.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I think that's why Democrats are so party-centric - that is their religion substitute and what they believe in now that they don't believe in God anymore.

leftist / progressive dogma is their religion .... as Sam has pointed out on many occasions

the Left acts like a Cult

This_person

There is a reason why Communist countries have a sanctioned mandatory religion or outlaw religion altogether. I can spell it out if you need me to.

There's a reason people choose to believe, and are much deeper in their convictions when it is personal choice, too.