Susan Collins: Leftists Are Trying To Bribe Me To Vote Against Kavanaugh

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
As USA Today, which obtained a copy of the four-page letter from FACT, noted, Collins “has reported receiving threatening calls and letters as well as more than 3,000 wire coat hangers” from those who believe Kavanaugh would vote to repeal Roe v. Wade.

Newsmax reported of the crowdfunding campaign:

A left-leaning activist organization, Mainers for Accountable Leadership (MFAL), is teaming up with an organization called the Maine People’s Alliance, to crowdsource a fundraising campaign targeting Collins in her 2020 re-election if she votes to confirm Kavanaugh. But the fundraising has a catch. “Donors” are asked to pledge a donation against Collins, money that will only be charged to their credit card if she makes a yes vote for President Trump’s nominee.

Collins agrees that the crowdfunding campaign is attempting to bribe her. She told Newsmax: “I consider this quid pro quo fundraising to be the equivalent of an attempt to bribe me to vote against Judge Kavanaugh. If I vote against him, the money is refunded to the donors. If I vote for him, the money is given to my opponent for the 2020 race.” She added, “This effort will not influence my vote at all … I think it demonstrates the new lows to which the judge’s opponents have stooped.”

Susan Collins: Leftists Are Trying To Bribe Me To Vote Against Kavanaugh

transporter

That's funny...hilarious actually.

"Elitism" and "establishment types" aren't the problem with our govt...they aren't the evil.

The evil in our system is the money.

Does Ms. Collins feel that the PAC money, the RNC money, the business group money and the money from lobbyists she takes are all "bribes" too????? You want to know the most likely reason why this particular effort won't influence her vote? It's not enough.

gemma_rae

"Elitism" and "establishment types" aren't the problem with our govt...they aren't the evil.

The evil in our system is the money.

Does Ms. Collins feel that the PAC money, the RNC money, the business group money and the money from lobbyists she takes are all "bribes" too????? You want to know the most likely reason why this particular effort won't influence her vote? It's not enough.

Please share more of your personal morals with us. It confirms every suspicion of what a truly despicable person you really are.:razz:

Hijinx

Why would anyone try to bribe Susan Collins to vote with the Democrats.

She does it half the time for free.

This_person

The evil in our system is the money..

I think you're right. We should simply stop paying all elected officials, and allow no campaigning of any kind they do not fund with their own money. THEN we can get the evil out of the system.