Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: hmmmm, category 1...

hmmmm, category 1...

worst hurricane of known mankind....devastation worldwide....maybe 3 inches of rain...the sky is falling chicken little....
    to demonstrate absurdity, sometimes one must be absurd

The damage this hurricane will create isn't strictly the wind speed - it's the size and the amount of flooding it's going to create.

While it remains to be seen how much rain and flooding it will cause, I wouldn't dismiss how bad a flood can be - just ask Noah.
    ďGood intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.".Daniel Webster

BILLIONS ARE GONNA DIE!!!! SUPERSTORM!!!! GLOBAL CHANGING!!!! CLIMATE WARMTH!!!! WE'RE ALL DOOMED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    BILLIONS ARE GONNA DIE!!!! SUPERSTORM!!!! GLOBAL CHANGING!!!! CLIMATE WARMTH!!!! WE'RE ALL DOOMED!!!!!
    Frankie? Is that you?
    Quote Originally Posted by kom526 View Post
    Dear Baby Jesus lying in a crib in Bethlehem,
    I thank your divine intervention that I was not drinking anything when I read this post.

Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    The damage this hurricane will create isn't strictly the wind speed - it's the size and the amount of flooding it's going to create.

While it remains to be seen how much rain and flooding it will cause, I wouldn't dismiss how bad a flood can be - just ask Noah.
    I think itís NOAA. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    IT'S TRUMP'S FAULT!!!
    "Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever." - Shane Falco

Registered User luvmygdaughters's Avatar
    GET OUT NOW!!! THIS MAY BE YOUR LAST DAY ON EARTH...RUN LIKE YOUR HAIRS ON FIRE...GRAB EVERY LOAF OF BREAD AND EVERY BOTTLE OF WATER....ALL THE BATTERIE...er...never mind, geez, some people have no sense of humor!

Quote Originally Posted by luvmygdaughters View Post
    GET OUT NOW!!! THIS MAY BE YOUR LAST DAY ON EARTH...RUN LIKE YOUR HAIRS ON FIRE...GRAB EVERY LOAF OF BREAD AND EVERY BOTTLE OF WATER....ALL THE BATTERIE...er...never mind, geez, some people have no sense of humor!
    I did absolutely NOTHING to prepare.
    Quote Originally Posted by kom526 View Post
    Dear Baby Jesus lying in a crib in Bethlehem,
    I thank your divine intervention that I was not drinking anything when I read this post.

I have Beer, Chili Ingredients, Chips, Cheese, Dip, Coffee and Bourbon. ( And four cans of Dinty Moore Stew JIC )

Bring it on!

Quote Originally Posted by GregV814 View Post
    worst hurricane of known mankind....devastation worldwide....maybe 3 inches of rain...the sky is falling chicken little....
    And you're upset that the predictions aren't as bad as predicted? I'm thrilled the rainfall will be minimal here, regardless of dire predictions.

The storm is still a major event for the area of impact. Predictions of 20" of rain and massive storm surge.
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

Members who have read this thread: 105