hmmmm, category 1...

GregV814

worst hurricane of known mankind....devastation worldwide....maybe 3 inches of rain...the sky is falling chicken little....

SamSpade

The damage this hurricane will create isn't strictly the wind speed - it's the size and the amount of flooding it's going to create.

While it remains to be seen how much rain and flooding it will cause, I wouldn't dismiss how bad a flood can be - just ask Noah.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
BILLIONS ARE GONNA DIE!!!! SUPERSTORM!!!! :jameo: :cds: GLOBAL CHANGING!!!! CLIMATE WARMTH!!!! WE'RE ALL DOOMED!!!!!

GregV814

The damage this hurricane will create isn't strictly the wind speed - it's the size and the amount of flooding it's going to create.

While it remains to be seen how much rain and flooding it will cause, I wouldn't dismiss how bad a flood can be - just ask Noah.

I think it’s NOAA. Lol

luvmygdaughters

:jameo:GET OUT NOW!!! THIS MAY BE YOUR LAST DAY ON EARTH...RUN LIKE YOUR HAIRS ON FIRE...:cds:GRAB EVERY LOAF OF BREAD AND EVERY BOTTLE OF WATER....ALL THE BATTERIE...er...never mind, geez, some people have no sense of humor!:whistle:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
:jameo:GET OUT NOW!!! THIS MAY BE YOUR LAST DAY ON EARTH...RUN LIKE YOUR HAIRS ON FIRE...:cds:GRAB EVERY LOAF OF BREAD AND EVERY BOTTLE OF WATER....ALL THE BATTERIE...er...never mind, geez, some people have no sense of humor!:whistle:

I did absolutely NOTHING to prepare. :lol:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I have Beer, Chili Ingredients, Chips, Cheese, Dip, Coffee and Bourbon. ( And four cans of Dinty Moore Stew JIC )

Bring it on!

worst hurricane of known mankind....devastation worldwide....maybe 3 inches of rain...the sky is falling chicken little....

And you're upset that the predictions aren't as bad as predicted? I'm thrilled the rainfall will be minimal here, regardless of dire predictions.

The storm is still a major event for the area of impact. Predictions of 20" of rain and massive storm surge.

GregV814

And you're upset that the predictions aren't as bad as predicted? I'm thrilled the rainfall will be minimal here, regardless of dire predictions.

The storm is still a major event for the area of impact. Predictions of 20" of rain and massive storm surge.

Absolutely not. The media hyped everything like this with less validation than George Washington University’s gathered data proclaiming 3000 deaths related to the storm in PR a year ago.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Tell that to the half a MILLION people without power now and goodness knows how many flooded out of their homes plus the destruction being suffered. It may have come onshore as a Cat 1, but the longer it sits and spins over the area, the worse it's going to be.

A friend is riding out the storm in Carolina Beach, just south of Wilmington, and thankfully is safe for now though without power as of an hour ago.

black dog

Free America
Tell that to the half a MILLION people without power now and goodness knows how many flooded out of their homes plus the destruction being suffered. It may have come onshore as a Cat 1, but the longer it sits and spins over the area, the worse it's going to be.

A friend is riding out the storm in Carolina Beach, just south of Wilmington, and thankfully is safe for now though without power as of an hour ago.

My son just left New River / Camp Geiger in Jacksonville NC two weeks ago, he has talked to other Marines that are still there or next door at Lejeune, all of them are on non stop work details.

Bonehead

I am happy for this dress rehearsal, the season is not over. It stirred up preparedness to a great degree in my family members.