Mexican citizen pleads guilty to voter fraud

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
A Mexican citizen on Thursday pleaded guilty to illegally voting in the 2016 presidential election, the Houston Chronicle reported.

Laura Janeth Garza, 38, pleaded guilty to the charges of voter impersonation and ineligible voting, both of which are felonies, according to the attorney general’s office. Garza was sentenced to 10 years in jail and ordered to pay a $10,000 fine. She will be deported after serving her sentence.

According to a joint investigation by Texas authorities, Garza stole identification documents of a U.S. citizen and registered to vote in Harris County, which is in the southeastern part of the state. Authorities said Garza used the alias “Angie Yadira Zamora” to cast ballots in 2004, 2012, and 2016.

Law enforcement discovered Garza’s scheme after a U.S. citizen attempted to obtain a passport but discovered Garza had already obtained one with the citizen’s identity, said Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/09/14/mexican-citizen-pleads-guilty-to-voter-fraud-in-texas.html

SamSpade

I do have to say that in my mind, the identity theft part is a more egregious crime - although she illegally cast votes for at least 12 years unnoticed.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Law enforcement discovered Garza’s scheme after a U.S. citizen attempted to obtain a passport but discovered Garza had already obtained one with the citizen’s identity, said Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton.

My question; has Angie Yadira Zamora been alive this whole time and how did she not know that her identity had been compromised until she filed for a passport 12 years later? :confused: