Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Green Card Holder Goes On Mass Shooting Spree, Murders 5 People, Police Say

  1. #1
    INGSOC GURPS's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Peoples Republic Of Maryland
    Posts
    40,877

    Green Card Holder Goes On Mass Shooting Spree, Murders 5 People, Police Say

    A green card holder in the state of California allegedly went on a mass shooting spree on Wednesday, murdering five people before turning the gun on himself after being confronted by law enforcement.

    Kern County Sheriff Donny Youngblood identified the suspect as a 54-year-old Hispanic male and stated that he used a .50-caliber handgun to murder his victims. ABC News reports:

    Investigators believe that [the suspect], a legal, permanent resident of the United States, may have forced his wife to come with him to the trucking shop to confront people there, Kern County Sheriff Donny Youngblood said in a press conference Thursday, calling the shooting spree "very calculated."

    Youngblood noted that the shooting appeared to be calculated, saying, "The way this went down, it appeared that this was well-planned."

    When a person is considered a "permanent resident" that means they are a foreign national — not a U.S. citizen — and that they have a green card, which allows them to work in the United States.


    https://www.dailywire.com/news/35857...-ryan-saavedra


    Sappy / Salmon, Transporter - where is the outrage ? another mass shooting ?



    oh wait
    the shooter was a foreigner,
    a green card holder,
    shot multiple people at different locations,
    was in CALIFORNIA
    and used a .50 Hand Gun
    We’re tempted to suggest a conspiracy here — but it’s just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply can’t conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

    “Moral precepts are constant through the ages and not obedient to circumstances.”

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Member Since
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    28,177
    Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post
    A green card holder in the state of California allegedly went on a mass shooting spree on Wednesday, murdering five people before turning the gun on himself after being confronted by law enforcement.

    Kern County Sheriff Donny Youngblood identified the suspect as a 54-year-old Hispanic male and stated that he used a .50-caliber handgun to murder his victims. ABC News reports:

    Investigators believe that [the suspect], a legal, permanent resident of the United States, may have forced his wife to come with him to the trucking shop to confront people there, Kern County Sheriff Donny Youngblood said in a press conference Thursday, calling the shooting spree "very calculated."

    Youngblood noted that the shooting appeared to be calculated, saying, "The way this went down, it appeared that this was well-planned."

    When a person is considered a "permanent resident" that means they are a foreign national — not a U.S. citizen — and that they have a green card, which allows them to work in the United States.


    https://www.dailywire.com/news/35857...-ryan-saavedra


    Sappy / Salmon, Transporter - where is the outrage ? another mass shooting ?



    oh wait
    the shooter was a foreigner,
    a green card holder,
    shot multiple people at different locations,
    was in CALIFORNIA
    and used a .50 Hand Gun
    A 50 caliber handgun--------------the guy meant business, that's for sure.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Member Since
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,315
    Quote Originally Posted by Hijinx View Post
    A 50 caliber handgun--------------the guy meant business, that's for sure.
    That professor in Nevada could learn from this guy.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Member Since
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    28,177
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech View Post
    That professor in Nevada could learn from this guy.
    LMAO Yeah: A 50 would have taken his freaking arm off.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    19,383
    Yes, but what was his intent?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post
    A green card holder in the state of California allegedly went on a mass shooting spree on Wednesday, murdering five people before turning the gun on himself after being confronted by law enforcement.

    Kern County Sheriff Donny Youngblood identified the suspect as a 54-year-old Hispanic male and stated that he used a .50-caliber handgun to murder his victims. ABC News reports:

    Investigators believe that [the suspect], a legal, permanent resident of the United States, may have forced his wife to come with him to the trucking shop to confront people there, Kern County Sheriff Donny Youngblood said in a press conference Thursday, calling the shooting spree "very calculated."

    Youngblood noted that the shooting appeared to be calculated, saying, "The way this went down, it appeared that this was well-planned."

    When a person is considered a "permanent resident" that means they are a foreign national — not a U.S. citizen — and that they have a green card, which allows them to work in the United States.


    https://www.dailywire.com/news/35857...-ryan-saavedra


    Sappy / Salmon, Transporter - where is the outrage ? another mass shooting ?



    oh wait
    the shooter was a foreigner,
    a green card holder,
    shot multiple people at different locations,
    was in CALIFORNIA
    and used a .50 Hand Gun
    Come on comrade...you have to do better than that. You don't see the differences???? Christ EVEN YOU, as dumb as you are, should be able to see the differences. If you can't and you don't believe. Ask Gilligan, he actually has knowledge on this subject. I am sure he can enlighten you

    Here is the actual report from the actual local news source: http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...13-story.html#

    This was a crime of passion...that is significantly different from a shooter creating a nest in a hotel and firing down on a concert crowd....or some kid walking into a school and shooting 20-30 random classmates

    This was with a handgun...a revolver...with a 5 shot capacity: https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/model-sw500-0 It was not a semi or fully automatic weapon with a 30 round magazine that can be swapped out in a matter of seconds.

    If you are too blind to see the differences, then you are also too stupid to see the differences.

    The article does not state whether this man obtained the weapon legally.

    Since you obviously are not very bright...let me state this again...there is no reason to ban handgun ownership (ownership is different from carrying it around on your hip just because you want to feel like John Wayne)...there is no reason to ban long gun ownership. There are damned fine reasons to ban weapons with high rates of fire and high capacities...for they only serve on purpose--to kill humans. A normal ordinary citizen has no personal defense need for a weapon like. Period. There are also damned fine reasons to make sure that guns are sold to law abiding citizens and the only way to do that is to check the background of every gun purchaser. There are also damned fine reasons to hold gun owners legally responsible for actions taken with their weapon. Your kid takes your weapon and shoots up his school...YOU are held dually responsible for every death, every injury. every dollar of damage. Your gun is stolen from an unsecured location...YOU are dually responsible for any acts committed with that weapon.

    If law abiding citizens want to own deadly weapons...fine, you are granted that right under the Constitution and you have the right to defend yourself and your property...as long as you accept the responsibility that goes along with that ownership. The second amendment does not grant anyone carte blanche.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    ...there is no reason to ban handgun ownership (ownership is different from carrying it around on your hip just because you want to feel like John Wayne)...there is no reason to ban long gun ownership. There are damned fine reasons to ban weapons with high rates of fire and high capacities...for they only serve on purpose--to kill humans. .
    Oh you were doing SO GOOD up until that. (I'm going out on a limb and guessing you were trying to say "only one purpose").

    What do you think guns are for? Shooting varmints? Target practice? Bluffing?
    They're made to kill humans. It doesn't matter if it has a high rate of fire or shoots a single bullet.
    You don't buy guns as ornaments. And a gun on your hip has a much better chance of being useful than if it's at home, locked up and empty
    and damn don't I wish I had it when I needed it.
    “Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.".Daniel Webster

  8. 09-14-2018, 10:36 AM

  9. #8
    INGSOC GURPS's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Peoples Republic Of Maryland
    Posts
    40,877
    Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    Come on comrade...you have to do better than that.


    Hook Line and Sinker ...

    Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    You don't see the differences???? Christ EVEN YOU,
    Go On Swallow that Hook Deeper ....

    Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    as dumb as you are,


    Nice Elitist Attitude ... And Ad Hominem Attack ... you cannot stick to any topic without insulting people

    Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    should be able to see the differences. If you can't and you don't believe. Ask Gilligan, he actually has knowledge on this subject. I am sure he can enlighten you
    you give Gil a compliment

    Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    This was a crime of passion ... that is significantly different from a shooter creating a nest in a hotel and firing down on a concert crowd .... or some kid walking into a school and shooting 20-30 random classmates
    So What - EVERYTOWN wants to classify EVERY Shooting where there MORE THAN 2 victims as a MASS Shooting - more people are shot in Chicago in a given weekend, more people are beat to death with hammers - but you progressives love to get all spun up over AR-15's

    Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    If you are too blind to see the differences, then you are also too stupid to see the differences.
    Again Hook, Line, and Sinker .... but for your amusement this is not a distinction made by Progressives looking for NEW 'Common Sense Gun Laws'

    Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    Since you obviously are not very bright
    Nice Ad Hominem Attack ....

    Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    ... let me state this again ... there is no reason to ban handgun ownership (ownership is different from carrying it around on your hip just because you want to feel like John Wayne) ... there is no reason to ban long gun ownership.
    well this is the 1st YOU have Made this distinction ......

    Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    There are damned fine reasons to ban weapons with high rates of fire and high capacities ... for they only serve on purpose--to kill humans.
    Sorry Sugar Tits ... ALL GUNS CAN KILL Parkland Shooter had a bag full of 10 round magazines, IIRC 17 died there ... tell me again how limiting Magazine size would limit shootings or killings

    Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    A normal ordinary citizen has no personal defense need for a weapon like. Period.
    that is not for YOU to Decide ... AR-15s have been used in multiple instances in Stopping Crimes, including that mass shooting in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    There are also damned fine reasons to make sure that guns are sold to law abiding citizens and the only way to do that is to check the background of every gun purchaser.
    we already have back ground checks ..... Be Specific how would a back ground check have stopped this shooting or the last 25 mass shootings

    Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    There are also damned fine reasons to hold gun owners legally responsible for actions taken with their weapon. Your kid takes your weapon and shoots up his school .... YOU are held dually responsible for every death, every injury. every dollar of damage.
    Nope ... if someone steals my car or chain saw and kills abunch of people it is on the Killer NOT me

    Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    Your gun is stolen from an unsecured location ... YOU are dually responsible for any acts committed with that weapon.
    Nope ....

    Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    If law abiding citizens want to own deadly weapons ... fine, you are granted that right under the Constitution and you have the right to defend yourself and your property
    except where states Like Mass have no Castle Doctrine and Require Subjects to flee there houses if possible leaving their home to criminals

    Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    ... as long as you accept the responsibility that goes along with that ownership.


    Quote Originally Posted by transporter View Post
    The second amendment does not grant anyone carte blanche.
    nope we have laws to cover this already
    We’re tempted to suggest a conspiracy here — but it’s just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply can’t conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

    “Moral precepts are constant through the ages and not obedient to circumstances.”

Members who have read this thread: 29

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search:     Advanced Search
Search HELP

| Home | Help | Contact Us | About somd.com | Privacy | Advertising | Sponsors | Newsletter |

| What's New | What's Cool | Top Rated | Add A Link | Mod a Link |

| Announcements | Bookstore | Cafe | Calendar | Classifieds | Community |
| Culture | Dating | Dining | Education | Employment | Entertainment |
| Forums | Free E-Mail | Games | Gear! | Government | Guestbook | Health | Marketplace | Mortgage | News |
| Organizations | Photos | Real Estate | Relocation | Sports | Survey | Travel | Wiki | Weather | Worship |