Tom Clancy's Estate For Sale

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Huntingtown, MD - The hunt for the right buyer has begun in Calvert County. The 530-acre estate of best-selling novelist Tom Clancy is now for sale and priced at over $6 million. According to agent Angel Stevens of Cummings and Company Realtors, the estate on the Chesapeake Bay and accessible by Camp Kauffman Road in Huntingtown includes a 170,000-square foot house with seven bedrooms.
“It’s spectacular,” said Stevens, who told TheBayNet.com that Clancy’s estate is not the priciest she’s ever sold or tried to sell. “But it’s right up there,” she added. Stevens said the entire tract is comprised of 11 properties ranging in size from 1 to 200 acres. The property is called Peregrine Cliff.

http://www.thebaynet.com/articles/0918/clancyscalvertestateisforsaleforover6million.html

Nice place!

http://www.peregrinecliff.com/

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Just gorgeous. My old insurance agent did real well for himself. How many estates for sale have their own web site? :lol:

luvmygdaughters

I used to live in that area, Wilson Rd. So did my sister and BIL. We used to ride our horses there, along the beach. That was when it was Camp Kauffman. After Tom Clancy bought it, there were No Trespassing signs all over the place.

Grumpy

I used to live in that area, Wilson Rd. So did my sister and BIL. We used to ride our horses there, along the beach. That was when it was Camp Kauffman. After Tom Clancy bought it, there were No Trespassing signs all over the place.

And still are.

Hannibal

My folks live a stone's throw north of this property along the Bay. Never knew where it was.

I always thought his house was used in the filming of Patriot Games. But this house looks nothing like that house. Guess it was all hype. A little digging on the net hinted it was actually Harrison Ford's Maryland / County house but that didn't seem too credible. Either way, I didn't care enough to keep digging.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Just curious - am I the only person that thinks this place is just ugly ?

Can't tell from all the pictures since they show multiples of the same rooms and views. No bed or bathrooms. No garage or inside of the tennis house. Must be dated and/or dirty.

Potomac

I thought it was really strange at that price point, fancy video & all that there were no photos of bathrooms/bedrooms
Guess I'll just have to pass on this listing

RodRugg

Wow! That place is really big and my uncle Stanley has been there before when he bought a bar-b-que grill from that guy, one of them really big ones that you can stick a whole dog in. He said that guy was really nice and didn't make him leave right away but let him look around his yard and pet his emus/cougars? (whatever those big things are with hair that they use to make coats and soap and pets out of). Anyways, my uncle Stanley's dog still sleeps in that grill.

mitzi

Wow! That place is really big and my uncle Stanley has been there before when he bought a bar-b-que grill from that guy, one of them really big ones that you can stick a whole dog in. He said that guy was really nice and didn't make him leave right away but let him look around his yard and pet his emus/cougars? (whatever those big things are with hair that they use to make coats and soap and pets out of). Anyways, my uncle Stanley's dog still sleeps in that grill.

Seriously? You've been writing this type of stuff for over 15 years?

officeguy

I thought it was really strange at that price point, fancy video & all that there were no photos of bathrooms/bedrooms
Guess I'll just have to pass on this listing

He passed away in 2013 and his estate was hung up in litigation for many years By now, that 6mil property would probably require another million of rehab to be suitable for the kind of folks who buy 6 million dollar houses.

Last edited:

Goldenhawk

He passed away in 2013 and his estate was hung up in litigation for many years By now, that 6mil property would probably require another million of rehab to be suitable for the kind of folks who buy 6 million dollar houses.

I have a rich relative who made his fortune doing real estate renovations. He has told us that people who buy multi-million-dollar estates rarely leave them as-is, no matter how nice a condition they are in when purchased. If you have $6M to buy a property, you're going to sink another million into making it exactly what you want anyway. Who cares if the kitchen was just renovated last year - that granite and tile are the wrong shade, so rip it out and start over. Don't like those arches on the cabinets; get new ones. That room should be an office, not a bedroom; gut it and start over. That brand new carpet is not plush enough. Etc....