Why are we still not shooting looters on sight?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Police arrest 5 in North Carolina as looters begin to capitalize on Florence chaos

Police in North Carolina arrested five people Saturday night as looters began to break into stores while Tropical Storm Florence brought chaos to the region.

Wilmington Police confirmed the arrests on Twitter but did not immediately release the identities of the five individuals.

“Charges are pending and those details will be released as they become available,” police said.

Authorities said about 1:30 p.m. they became aware of looting taking place at the Dollar General on 5th and Dawson Streets but were initially asked by management “not to intervene at this time.”

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/09/1...rs-begin-to-capitalize-on-florence-chaos.html

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Those damned ivy league college kids and their hazing rituals...

SamSpade

I guess while I can see the outrage at the disregard for human decency - I regard looters as somewhere near grave robbers - they're still just thieves, and usually unarmed.
(BTW - I don't regard the use of "unarmed" as meaning, harmless or non-lethal - a large powerful person is every bit as deadly as a weak one armed with a gun).

I just get this deep seated loathing at the kind of person who robs a place during an evacuation because they know - or think - there's no likelihood of being caught.
Or worse - during a riot, when the law enforcement is either going to let them, or is too chicken#### to stop it.

Hijinx

I guess while I can see the outrage at the disregard for human decency - I regard looters as somewhere near grave robbers - they're still just thieves, and usually unarmed.
(BTW - I don't regard the use of "unarmed" as meaning, harmless or non-lethal - a large powerful person is every bit as deadly as a weak one armed with a gun).

I just get this deep seated loathing at the kind of person who robs a place during an evacuation because they know - or think - there's no likelihood of being caught.
Or worse - during a riot, when the law enforcement is either going to let them, or is too chicken#### to stop it.

It amazes me that a person would stoop so low as to loot a Dollar General.
What did they get? A quart of milk and some potato chips? Maybe some cheap glass ware?

PeoplesElbow

I might be wrong but those red brick buildings across the street sure look like the projects that I have seen in NC.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I don't think the police can just stand by and let a mob break the law. Unless it's the Baltimore police force.

Hijinx

If that Dollar General doesn't reopen they will accuse the corporation of being Ray ssis.

PeoplesElbow

My first thought when I read that management asked the police to not do anything was that If I was going to embezzle from my own store that would be the perfect cover.

Hijinx

My first thought when I read that management asked the police to not do anything was that If I was going to embezzle from my own store that would be the perfect cover.

You have a point there, but the guy managing that store knows that the corporation will takes the loss, and restock the store, and he an his employees will have to work in that community that did the looting. Why piss them off and make it hard to work there. Just let them take the cheap sh1t , they will be back next week as customers.

BOP

Police arrest 5 in North Carolina as looters begin to capitalize on Florence chaos

Police in North Carolina arrested five people Saturday night as looters began to break into stores while Tropical Storm Florence brought chaos to the region.

Wilmington Police confirmed the arrests on Twitter but did not immediately release the identities of the five individuals.

“Charges are pending and those details will be released as they become available,” police said.

Authorities said about 1:30 p.m. they became aware of looting taking place at the Dollar General on 5th and Dawson Streets but were initially asked by management “not to intervene at this time.”

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/09/1...rs-begin-to-capitalize-on-florence-chaos.html

We're not shooting looters on sight because the Demon Rat party would lose voters.