Fdr

CrashTest

Anyone know the new date for Phase 1C completion? Gonna call tomorrow if nobody knows. Was supposed to be Oct., 2018 when I checked back in 2017. I'm guessing they won't make that date. Knock me over with a feather.

CrashTest

Meeting over. What did they decide? How much longer will we be cutting thru parking lots and service roads?

Potomac

I think it was an update from public works. If you go to the county page, then public works, I am pretty sure they provide updates there

lucky_bee

RBF expert
You will win that bet.

the section TO Rolling Road to be completed by Nov. will most likely be completed on time. They're talking about the portion that finishes connecting FDR TO Rolling Road...not the portion to Hickory hills. They only have a few more yards of asphalt to lay and a couple lights and yes, they will have finished the section up to RR, but not thru it...that's a different one, I believe 1B but I'd have to double check the paperwork.

CrashTest

the section TO Rolling Road to be completed by Nov. will most likely be completed on time. They're talking about the portion that finishes connecting FDR TO Rolling Road...not the portion to Hickory hills. They only have a few more yards of asphalt to lay and a couple lights and yes, they will have finished the section up to RR, but not thru it...that's a different one, I believe 1B but I'd have to double check the paperwork.

1B is done. It was the "road to nowhere" section finished last year (I think).

At RR there is going to be a round-about. I wonder if they're going to allow traffic onto RR before the round-about gets built. If so, then November seems doable. If they have to build the round-about first, then they had better hurry because they hadn't even started it as of a week ago.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
1B is done. It was the "road to nowhere" section finished last year (I think).

At RR there is going to be a round-about. I wonder if they're going to allow traffic onto RR before the round-about gets built. If so, then November seems doable. If they have to build the round-about first, then they had better hurry because they hadn't even started it as of a week ago.

yes I know about the round-about but the plan is to not open FDR from Target to Hickory Hills until it is all finished. It is being built in phases, but being opened all at once. If they plan on doing the round-about at RR and FDR, they won't be opening the entrance/turn to FDR just yet until the leg to HH is finished.

CrashTest

If they plan on doing the round-about at RR and FDR, they won't be opening the entrance/turn to FDR just yet until the leg to HH is finished.

Not true based on what the county guy told me. RR entrance will be open for traffic even though the HH section remains unfinished. The entire section is referred to as 1C. I guess we'll end up with 1C-part1 and 1C-part2.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
Not true based on what the county guy told me. RR entrance will be open for traffic even though the HH section remains unfinished. The entire section is referred to as 1C. I guess we'll end up with 1C-part1 and 1C-part2.

ok cool, I just live there so I'm going off of all the paperwork they've been sending us. I'm referring to HH as the Amber drive portion, and that portion is finished. They just have to connect FDR from RR to Amber/HH. This section goes thru the Laurel and Beverly Hills neighborhoods. They've told us multiple times that they will not open FDR from Chancellors to Rt 4 until they've finished between Amber and RR.

nelsonmuntz

Anyone know the new date for Phase 1C completion? Gonna call tomorrow if nobody knows. Was supposed to be Oct., 2018 when I checked back in 2017. I'm guessing they won't make that date. Knock me over with a feather.

I've got a better idea, call Dominoes and tell them to pave it!