Eric Holder says MAGA slogan is ‘rooted in fear’

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
“This sort of thinking, this ‘Make America Great’ mindset is not only flawed, it’s rooted in fear. And it favors an imagined past over a realistic future,” Holder said while speaking at the Human Rights Campaign National Dinner late Saturday, according to The Hill.

Holder — who has said he is considering a run for president in 2020 — also asked what time period those who want to “make America great again” would rewind to if given the opportunity.

“Certainly it was not when people were enslaved,” he said. “Certainly it was not when segregation was the law of the land. Certainly, it was not when women were disenfranchised. Certainly, it was not when the LGBT community was routinely stigmatized.”

Eric Holder says MAGA slogan is ‘rooted in fear’

h3mech

“this sort of thinking, this ‘make america great’ mindset is not only flawed, it’s rooted in fear. And it favors an imagined past over a realistic future,” holder said while speaking at the human rights campaign national dinner late saturday, according to the hill.

Holder — who has said he is considering a run for president in 2020 — also asked what time period those who want to “make america great again” would rewind to if given the opportunity.

“certainly it was not when people were enslaved,” he said. “certainly it was not when segregation was the law of the land. Certainly, it was not when women were disenfranchised. Certainly, it was not when the lgbt community was routinely stigmatized.”

eric holder says maga slogan is ‘rooted in fear’

pos !!!!

This_person

“This sort of thinking...favors an imagined past over a realistic future,” Holder said.

I wonder if he thought "Hope and Change" did the same things - only in reverse; fear of the past, and an imagined (but wholly undefined) future.

SamSpade

This is idiotic. Virtually every Presidential campaign I can ever remember is predicated on the idea that things need to be better.

transporter

This is idiotic. Virtually every Presidential campaign I can ever remember is predicated on the idea that things need to be better.

That is absolutely true...however...every other campaign has looked to a better future...Trump wanted to return to a idyllic version of the past

This_person

That is absolutely true...however...every other campaign has looked to a better future...Trump wanted to return to a idyllic version of the past

So, you're saying Trump was different because he wanted a future to be better, like the better parts of our past? And, that's different......how?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Eric Holder can eat #### and die. Why in the flying hell should anyone care what that corrupt turd has to say?

It would make my day if he ran for President. Fast and Furious is just waiting to be revisited.

Hijinx

I thought when Trump was elected we would get an Attorney General.

Boy:-------was I disappointed. We got nothing.
An old member of the Senate clique.
Useless as balls on Bruce Jenner.

Last edited:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I'll wait until Harry Reid chimes in.
[video=youtube;kQnlcUN3qcQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQnlcUN3qcQ[/video]