A New Breed Of Parents!

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Move over, helicopter parents and tiger moms — a whole new breed of terrifying moms and dads has arrived, just in time for the new school year: the lawn mower parent.

In recent weeks, the so-called phenomenon has gone viral on Facebook after an anonymous middle school teacher shared the tale of a supposed run-in with a real-life “lawn mower dad” to educator blog WeAreTeachers.

In the post titled "Lawnmower Parents Are the New Helicopter Parents & We Are Not Here for It,” which has since received 2,300 likes and 12,000 shares on the social platform, the unnamed teacher recalls being summoned to the school's office to pick up something a parent dropped off for a student.

Believing it would be an essential item, like “an inhaler or money for dinner,” the teacher was shocked to find that a father went out of his way to deliver an insulated water bottle for his daughter.

"Lawnmower parents go to whatever lengths necessary to prevent their child from having to face adversity, struggle, or failure. Instead of preparing children for challenges, they mow obstacles down so kids won’t experience them in the first place."
- Anonymous WeAreTeachers community member

http://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/2018/09/18/lawn-mower-parents-are-new-helicopter-moms.html

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
We were just discussing this. I think the job of a parent is to prepare your offspring to be successful adults. Some will be more successful than others. Feathering the nest beyond what is necessary, just gives them the opportunity to dwell in a prolonged adolescence.

As we roll down the road, we don't have the challenges of having to parent our adult children. We see them occasionally, then they go back to their lives. Which is healthy for all involved. I'm so thankful we don't have the additional stress of having kid issues.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
:lmao: OMG! I was never that Mom!

There was a time my daughter and her bestie had a non-uniform day at school (Catholic), they didn't dress appropriately and us mom's were called to bring in a change of clothes. Well, she requested that I bring such and such, ya right... then had the nerve to text me back telling me not to forget her Uggs. Needless to say, I showed up with a second hand velour sweat suit and ballet flat type shoes. She was not amused and mortified. Office staff sure was! And it never happened again. By the way, the other mom showed up with something just as embarrassing. :lol:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
We were just discussing this. I think the job of a parent is to prepare your offspring to be successful adults. Some will be more successful than others. Feathering the nest beyond what is necessary, just gives them the opportunity to dwell in a prolonged adolescence.

As we roll down the road, we don't have the challenges of having to parent our adult children. We see them occasionally, then they go back to their lives. Which is healthy for all involved. I'm so thankful we don't have the additional stress of having kid issues.

My goal was to create complete self-sufficiency and skepticism in the only one I had any part in raising.

He enlisted, excelled and hit E4 in 18 months. Takes nothing at face value and earns everything he has.