"No, I will not debate you"

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
https://longreads.com/2018/09/18/no-i-will-not-debate-you/

She starts off well:

There are some stupid mistakes that only very smart people make, and one of them is the notion that a sensible argument seriously presented can compete with a really good piece of theatre.

That is true. Unfortunately, she then goes off into an ignorant "I already know you're a bad human being, so I have no intention of listening to anything you say" tirade. Not surprisingly, she also doesn't think anyone with a view opposing hers should be allowed to speak in public. If you don't march in lockstep with her ideology, you are evil. The end.

She goes on to say that it's not about censorship, it's about not giving people she believes to be evil (because they don't share her views) a public audience.

:lol:

The whole piece is an exercise in cognitive dissonance, which she thinks are reasoned and thoughtful...because her views are correct and anyone who disagrees with her is evil. It's laughable, but she does a great job of explaining the progbot mindset, so it's interesting from a psychology perspective. You will note that there is no comment section - she doesn't want to hear anyone's evil views and she will not debate them. :lol:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
You are a:

Nazi
Racist
Hate Gays
Climate Denier

:drama:

I do not have to consider your opinion