The reason our society is so out of touch

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Everything revolves around New York City and Los Angeles, ignoring all the people in between those two cities. These awards shows - who gives a crap? But we are led to care, and led to believe everyone cares, because those are the people who are on TV or the movies and have the highest visibility, therefore the biggest megaphones.

I was going somewhere with this but got distracted, so I'll add more commentary later. But my train of thought is that our entire popular culture in this country is based on two cities that most Americans have never even been to, and strangers on TV that nobody even knows.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Meteor: a small body of matter from outer space that enters the earth's atmosphere

luvmygdaughters

Ya Know, I have been saying this all along. Who the hell cares if Beyonce is pregnant, who the hell cares if another celebrity marriage breaks up? In the grand scheme of things, what does it, or, how does it, affect you personally. You will not be able to function because Brad and Angelina broke up?? Do you really care who Kathy Griffith supports or not, is that really going to change your opinion come election day? The so called Elitist, dont live in the same "world" as you or I. You take your kids to daycare or school in the morning to go to a job that may pay very well or just minimum wage. At the end of the day, you pick your kids up from daycare or school. You help with homework, make dinner, supervise bathtime, try to spend some quality time as a family. Where as these privileged few have 3 or 4 nannys to take care of the kids, maids to clean, chefs to cook, beauticians and make up artists . They're not racing to the grocery store after a busy day, trying to pick up something for dinner, cause little johnny has soccer practice or little susie has a dance recital. They simply cannot identify with the majority of the population. I dont value their opinion or seek it. There is no animosity, just stating the facts as I perceive them. They are not important in my world, they are someone who is paid to entertain, much like a trained dog.

stgislander

PREMO Member
No idea what you're missing then. Really funny show most of the time. The dad, Frank, whose looking for the sweet relief, is my favorite character.

I watched it a handful of times. I wanted to throw something at the TV every time Patricia Heaton's character was on.

Hijinx

According to the ratings not so many people watched it this year.
The thing ios more like a liberal clusterphuck than anything else to my mind.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
It's where about 200 people get together and tell each other how great they are, and for some reason people who don't even know them watch it on TV.

Oh! One of those I Love Me shows where the "important people" can tell the peasants how they should think and vote!