Girl's 911 plea for help prompts search

BuddyLee

Football addict
PATERSON, New Jersey (AP) -- "My mommy got hit," the tiny voice on the other end of the 911 call said. The girl said mommy was in the bathroom and wasn't breathing.
A dispatcher kept the girl on the line as long as she could, but the child finally hung up after five minutes, saying she was tired. Authorities could not trace the call -- made from a cell phone -- and have run into a series of dead-ends in their search for the girl.
The dispatcher repeatedly asked the girl to stay on the line until police arrived at her door, at one point even asking her to sing the alphabet to keep her talking.
Shortly after the girl sang the A-B-C song, the line clicked dead.
http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/Northeast/09/23/mysterious.911.ap/index.html

:frown:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Obvious :bs:. I swear the "news" people make this crap up.

Little girl is smart enough to call 911 but not smart enough to run over to a neighbor's house?

Plus, cellphone numbers DO come up on Caller ID (at least they do on mine). So how hard can that be to track down a cellphone number?

:rolleyes:

CMC122

Go Braves!
vraiblonde said:

Little girl is smart enough to call 911 but not smart enough to run over to a neighbor's house?

Plus, cellphone numbers DO come up on Caller ID (at least they do on mine). So how hard can that be to track down a cellphone number?

They aren't a 911 Enhanced system yet, so they don't get your phone number when you call them.

Vince

vraiblonde said:

Even cell phones from Florida show up. Got a call from my daughter in Florida and her cell phone showed up on my caller ID. So how can't the 911 operator get the number? Like you said, I think it's :bs:

Vince said:
Even cell phones from Florida show up. Got a call from my daughter in Florida and her cell phone showed up on my caller ID. So how can't the 911 operator get the number? Like you said, I think it's :bs:

Do you have that # programmed into your phone?

Boogerman

Pick and Flick Adventure!
Vince said:

could be ... but i've gotten cell calls that didn't register on my caller id at home and on my cell.

but, it could most likely be a hoax with the person turning caller id off prior to calling 911 :shrug:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
vraiblonde said:

It won't show if the cell user has programmed the phone to show up as "anonymous caller". My wife has hers set up this way but it doesn't fool me.