Dem Senator Accidentally Reveals Two-Year Plan To Keep SCOTUS Seat Vacant

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Senator Mazie Hirono (D-HI) may have accidentally revealed the Democrats' long-term plan for the vacant Supreme Court seat, if Judge Brett Kavanaugh's nomination is somehow derailed: they plan to oppose any attempt to fill it until after the 2020 Presidential election.

Hirono gave a lengthy interview to media Tuesday, according to the Washington Free Beacon, where she insisted that a Supreme Court seat could remain vacant for years, particularly in light of how Republicans treated former President Barack Obama's final Supreme Court nominee, Merrick Garland.

"I think we’ve had those kinds of vacancies before, and we certainly had over a one-year vacancy with Merrick Garland," Hirono said. "So the world does not come to an end because we don’t fill all of the nominees."

Keeping that seat clear would be tough to do, especially given that the Republicans are expected to hold on to at least a one-seat majority in the Senate -- and thanks to Harry Reid, that's all they'd need to confirm a new Justice.

Dem Senator Accidentally Reveals Two-Year Plan To Keep SCOTUS Seat Vacant

PsyOps

Pixelated
Ah... personal vendettas instead of doing the peoples' work. We have such honorable people running our country.

This_person

Yep, the Merrick Garland rule.

Actually, Garland was subject to the Biden rule. You may remember Garland was meant to fill Scalia's seat. Were you upset that then-president BHO did not pick a conservative to fill that seat, to keep the "balance", as you so seek now?

Either way, Garland should have gotten a vote, and the vote should have been no. But, he should have gotten a vote. It was owed to we, the people, to keep government functioning properly, and they didn't do that then. Like with Bork, when they didn't do it properly then, either.

I mean, even the notorious RBG says the way it is being handled by the Democrats today is wrong:
RBG said:
“The way it was was right. The way it is is wrong,” Ginsburg said at a talk at George Washington University Law School Wednesday, according to#Amy Wang of the Washington Post.

“I wish I could wave a magic wand and have it go back to the way it was,” the 85-year-old Supreme Court Justice said, reflecting on her own confirmation process#before the Senate Judiciary Committee in 1993.