NFL owners need to stop making excuses and give Colin Kaepernick a chance

Grumpy

Good read. This charade has gone on long enough. He needs to be on a team NOW.

He's far happier getting all this attention for doing nothing. Lets say he is blackballed by the NFL, why isn't a CFL team chasing him if he is so good?? They chased after the no-talent Manzell.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Tim Tebow was banished from the league for professing his Christian faith. Where was the outrage then?

FWIW the Redskins had a game this weekend that wasn't sold out. Prior to that game they had sold out for 50 consecutive years. Five Oh. 600 months. I don't know how long that is in dog years, but it's a whole bunch. Less than 60,000 fans showed up for a stadium that holds 82,000 people. The waiting list for tickets use to be decades long. Now they can't give tickets away.

So tell me disrespecting the flag isn't hurting the league.

Hijinx

Tim Tebow was banished from the league for professing his Christian faith. Where was the outrage then?

FWIW the Redskins had a game this weekend that wasn't sold out. Prior to that game they had sold out for 50 consecutive years. Five Oh. 600 months. I don't know how long that is in dog years, but it's a whole bunch. Less than 60,000 fans showed up for a stadium that holds 82,000 people. The waiting list for tickets use to be decades long. Now they can't give tickets away.

When a friend speaks to me about a football game I tell them I am not interested.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Tim Tebow was banished from the league for professing his Christian faith.

Tebow left because he sucked. He did okay in Denver. But he sucked with the Jets and Pats. The Pats and Eagles dropped him before those seasons even started. Then he couldn't get picked up by any team. After doing some announcing he is playing baseball in the minors.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Tebow left because he sucked. He did okay in Denver. But he sucked with the Jets and Pats. The Pats and Eagles dropped him before those seasons even started. Then he couldn't get picked up by any team. After doing some announcing he is playing baseball in the minors.

The Jets rarely put him on the field. He won a bunch of games in Denver with him mostly raising the level of play of those around him. In the end he was a distraction for the team. He didn't create the distraction, the reporters following the team did. So TT wasn't worth the media circus that went along with having him on the team.

Just like CK, he could have been a reliable back up if he didn't get the starting job. I think his moderate success in baseball is a testament to his athletic ability.

PeoplesElbow

Tebow could have probably made it as a tight end had he not insisted on only being a QB. As for Kapernick, no backup is worth the trouble, if he was a top level QB he would be.