Hillary's latest excuse

Grumpy

"You see, I think I was an obstacle to [Russia's] plans to undermine and disrupt our democracy. I think I was an obstacle to their efforts to try to impose greater authoritarian control in Russia ... I think that they wanted to get me out of the way."

https://canadafreepress.com/article...cle-to-russias-plans-to-undermine-and-disrupt

:roflmao:

That is hilarious, Russia would have preferred her winning..but maybe Russia didn't want to get inundated with nifty gifts like that Reset Button..

SamSpade

The other day I watched a video with Ben Shapiro on Bill Maher - maybe you don't like the guy, but I love him. He's hard to rattle and he stays on point.

At one point, Ben starts a question with another question - Do you believe that Trump colluded with the Russians to get elected?

Absolutely. Absolutely. And the audience cheered his response.

If I'd have been Ben, I might have thrown up my hands as though he declared Santa and the Easter Bunny to be real.
How do you discuss something like that?

For the - persons - who are going to chime in and say, of course they interfered - that's not the issue. No one disputes they
interfered. But the sum total of all their "interference" is so utterly trivial, I have likened to raising the world's oceans by peeing
in it. It may have happened, but it was insignificant. For those who further argue that they might have "persuaded" a crucial bloc
of voters in critical states, I'd have to say - that's what campaigns with a billion dollars and thousands of employees are supposed to
do. If a dozen and a half Russians with a few computers and a few ads can turn an election, I have lost all faith in our campaigns
in our country, because they were able to do with almost nothing that which the ACTUAL candidates weren't able to do in a year
and a half, thousands of employees and billions of dollars.

What is at issue is - did Trump or part of his campaign go to the Russians and seek their efforts to derail and turn an election?
Because we DO know that - indirectly - the Democrats absolutely did, and are not actually claiming otherwise. Did he "ask for
dirt"? Not illegal. Did he promise them something in exchange for their work? Yes, illegal - but if they did, he got totally ripped
off, because they didn't do hardly anything.

What do *I* think? Somewhere from early in the campaign - when Trump expressed admiration for Putin's ability to rule his
nation - the Dems got the idea that he of course admired the darker side of Putin, and wanted to pin that on him. They created
a number of situations designed to make him look bad, as a sort of insurance (very much in the same way the current
Kavanaugh situation had an "insurance policy", because - to be honest - if it was the slightest bit important to the Dems to
right a wrong, they would have brought it up right away).

When Hillary lost - to their surprise - it was too late to turn the election by bringing up all the Russia stuff. The timelines shows -
they "knew" all this stuff. All summer of 2016. Obama "knew" about it. Law enforcement "knew". So if they KNEW it - why didn't
it come up until after they lost?

There's really only one good reason - they knew it was a fraud, and it didn't need to be brought up IF HILLARY was going to win.
Why risk a ridiculous stunt, if she was winning? Losing wasn't going to happen, so they didn't drop the ball. Once they lost, the
only reaction would be poisoning the well.
----------------------------------------------------------------

What I don't get is - why are they doubling down on stupid?
Because they're in too deep. They have to hope it will win, because they can't back down and admit they were making it up.
The other day, I heard a Dem pundit say, well, Watergate took two years. Actually - a year and a half. By that time, it was
CLEAR beyond anything, Nixon was guilty. By this point in his Presidency - he'd resigned and already been pardoned by his
successor.

At THIS point - we STILL HAVE NO CRIME to investigate. So far, they've managed to find people working for Trump who
committed crimes years before they knew him.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
What I don't get is - why are they doubling down on stupid?
Because they're in too deep. They have to hope it will win, because they can't back down and admit they were making it up.

Did you mean to answer your own question?

They're pooping their Depends over these documents seeing the light of day, so I have to believe it's going to be pretty damaging. It's Hail Mary time.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
If you lay all of Hillary's excuses end to end, you could go to the moon and back 3 times.

SamSpade

Did you mean to answer your own question?

They're pooping their Depends over these documents seeing the light of day, so I have to believe it's going to be pretty damaging. It's Hail Mary time.

What I still can't see - is an actual CRIME to be investigated. You investigate a murder with a body or at least, a missing person and evidence of foul play.
You investigate a robbery when money or property is taken - and so on.

What they have done is pore over and scrutinize every person they can think of - and prosecute them for crimes completely unrelated
to the one they're presumably - investigating. Which is - what? Collusion? What's the sentence for "colluding"?

At BEST, this is - - sour grapes. Incredulity that Hillary lost - and so - they cry foul and look for reasons to investigate.
So they scrutinize meetings, question motives for actions after the election - but there's no crime.
Our own forumites who hate Trump are constantly saying that because they've been less than forthcoming with
meetings and their times - that there MUST be a crime worthy of investigating.

Guess what? Do the same to me. Ask me when and where and with whom *I* had a meeting -
and if my answer doesn't satisfy you, go to a judge and make a case that I must have committed a crime,
because I can't tell you if I had the spicy chicken sandwich at Chik-Fil-A, who was there, and what we
talked about. A real judge would laugh himself to death.

You don't investigate and go fishing FOR a crime - you have a crime, and you investigate.

Hijinx

If she is convinced that the Russians are the reason she didn't win, she should send back the Millions they gave her Clinton Foundation and the $500,000 they paid Bill.

Why didn;'t someone ask her why she thought the Russians gave her all that money and then went against her.?

World's smartest woman crapping in her own mess kit.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
What I still can't see - is an actual CRIME to be investigated. You investigate a murder with a body or at least, a missing person and evidence of foul play.

Manifort was guilty on multiple items, Page and Cohen are basically guilty of 'Process Crimes'
with Cohen also pleading guilty to something that isn't a crime in an attempt to please his masters

Salmon

I adore Hillary Clinton and she probably would have won if not for Russian interference, but it’s time for her to ride into the sunset. She was wronged. She said her peace but now it’s harming the party brand.

BOP

It's me; I'm the Russian connection.

So my 5 times ggrandmother was from Finland, and she married a guy from western Russia before they emigrated to Sweden. Plus, I voted for* Trump.

*interestingly, when I typed "voted for," android suggested that the next word should be "Hillary."

SamSpade

Perfect and succinct.

It's laughable that this tiny effort turned an election.
What about Liechtenstein, and Tuvalu? Didn't the five bucks they spent interfering turn all of Pennsylvania?
Catch my drift? Trump and Hillary employed thousands across the country and spent billions.
Billions. As in ten thousand TIMES as much as the Russians.

I can hear it now - "but - they only needed to turn a small number of votes!".
Right - don't you think Trump and Hillary know that, too? As in, turn a few thousand in battleground states, win the whole state?
THAT is what you spend a billion dollars on - not the tens of millions who already are voting for you.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I adore Hillary Clinton and she probably would have won if not for Russian interference, but it’s time for her to ride into the sunset. She was wronged. She said her peace but now it’s harming the party brand.

Hack.jpg

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I adore Hillary Clinton and she probably would have won if not for Russian interference .....

you are SERIOUS it is YOUR Contention the Hillary Election Machine and the DNC was out played by 12 trolls from Minsk and a 2 million dollar GRU budget to purchase a couple of doz MOSTLY NON Candidate Specific Facebook ads
... of which a BLM advert garnered the most views / shares / hits

MOST Ads were under 1000 many were under 500 views

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/01/us/politics/russia-2016-election-facebook.html

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/05/14/technology/facebook-ads-congress.html

Hijinx

I adore Hillary Clinton.

Brother if that isn't a sure sign of a mental Midget I never heard one.