You hate pumpkin spice because you hate women.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Do you hate pumpkin spice lattes? Do you live in fear of the first day of autumn, when normal, average-looking big box retail stores and coffee shops become full-time pumpkin spice purveyors?

Well, then, according to one writer at Vox, you might just hate women.

The backlash against pumpkin spice, which flavors everything from coffee drinks to dog treats to deodorant, starting around the middle of August, is part anti-capitalist, Rebecca Jennings acknowledges, but it's mostly about our "contempt for women," coded into a "dismissal of trends that are coded as feminine."

Jennings quotes an article from 2017 that claims, "[w]hen those foods blow up, we judge women for falling for the marketing or trying to jump on the bandwagon, and we assume that because they like something other women like, they don’t have minds of their own. And on top of that, women are asked to reckon with, consciously or unconsciously, the perceived psycho-sexual symbolism attached to seemingly innocuous foods."

Refinery29 encouraged women to "reclaim" the pumpkin spice latte so as to defeat the sexist stereotypes liking them reinforces.

"It's a beverage that has come to symbolize all that is supposedly reprehensible about my (young, white, female) demographic," Cait Munro whines. "It’s a stupid, silly stigma, and one deeply rooted in sexist double standards. And yet, somehow, it continues to plague me."

The Backlash Against Pumpkin Spice Flavor Is Totally Sexist. Or Something.

I am waiting for someone to say Pumpkin Spice is somehow tied to White Privilege

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I just bought some for the season...

Winchester-Pumpkin-Spiced-Ammunition.jpg

BOP

Do you hate pumpkin spice lattes? Do you live in fear of the first day of autumn, when normal, average-looking big box retail stores and coffee shops become full-time pumpkin spice purveyors?

Well, then, according to one writer at Vox, you might just hate women.

The backlash against pumpkin spice, which flavors everything from coffee drinks to dog treats to deodorant, starting around the middle of August, is part anti-capitalist, Rebecca Jennings acknowledges, but it's mostly about our "contempt for women," coded into a "dismissal of trends that are coded as feminine."

Jennings quotes an article from 2017 that claims, "[w]hen those foods blow up, we judge women for falling for the marketing or trying to jump on the bandwagon, and we assume that because they like something other women like, they don’t have minds of their own. And on top of that, women are asked to reckon with, consciously or unconsciously, the perceived psycho-sexual symbolism attached to seemingly innocuous foods."

Refinery29 encouraged women to "reclaim" the pumpkin spice latte so as to defeat the sexist stereotypes liking them reinforces.

"It's a beverage that has come to symbolize all that is supposedly reprehensible about my (young, white, female) demographic," Cait Munro whines. "It’s a stupid, silly stigma, and one deeply rooted in sexist double standards. And yet, somehow, it continues to plague me."

The Backlash Against Pumpkin Spice Flavor Is Totally Sexist. Or Something.

I am waiting for someone to say Pumpkin Spice is somehow tied to White Privilege

In more dire need of a blow job than any white woman in history.

officeguy

Not sure what it is about pumpkin spice, but there are starbucks managers who squirrel away additional bottles of the syrup so they can sell PSLs to their addicted customers beyond the season set by corporate.

gemma_rae

Every God ###### year that sumbitchin' Great Pumpkin passes by my Pumpkin Patch. I can smell his spicy Azz every frickin where I go from Labor Day til Thanksgiving and you'd think the orange round bastage would at least bring me a f'ing Latte, but noooooooooooooooo he lets me freeze it the damned wet ass vines. F the Great Pumpkin and F his Spice!