The drive to sink Kavanaugh is liberal totalitarianism

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I don’t use the “T”-word lightly. I’ve spent years pushing back against those who fling it about in free societies like ours. But totalitarianism doesn’t require cartoonish, 1984-style secret police and Big Brother. The classical definition is a society where everything — ethical norms and moral principles and truth itself — is subjugated to political ends.

By that measure, the Democratic campaign to block Kavanaugh’s nomination to the Supreme Court, based on a hazy, uncorroborated, decades-old assault allegation, tends toward the totalitarian. Certainly, it has many of the elements of abusive politics that Americans normally associate with foreign lands untouched by the light of liberty and reason:

An (initially) anonymous accusation, surfaced at the 11th hour, seemingly calculated to strike terror into the hearts of Kavanaugh and his family members and supporters? Check! That came in the form of Sen. Dianne Feinstein’s cryptic statement last week, confirming that she had “received information from an individual concerning the nomination” of Kavanaugh but declining to offer any details.

An accusation that’s impossible to rebut? Check! Senate Democrats are demanding that the FBI look into the allegations first before the Judiciary Committee holds a hearing. But Kavanaugh’s accuser, Christine Blasey Ford, can’t remember the time or location of the alleged incident. An FBI probe is impracticable, not to mention improper given the lack of a federal crime.

The drive to sink Kavanaugh is liberal totalitarianism

Hijinx

You would have to either be the most ignorant sonofabitch in the world or a Trump hating a-hole not to have figured out by now that this whole plot was a scheme to block Kavanaugh nominations for mere reason of blocking a Trump nominee.

This_person

I support blocking this nomination at any and all costs.

So, you accept being hypocritical....got it.

See, if it was wrong to block Garland when he was nominated to replace Scalia, then it is wrong to block Judge K. If it is acceptable to block Judge K, then it was ok to block MG.

If only one of those things was wrong, you're a hypocrite.

Hijinx

And what do you call sabotaging Merrick Garland’s nomination?

You must really be in love with that guy.
He lives in your small mind.

What do I call what happened to Garland. I don't know. What do you call what happened to Bork.

The Garland thing was a bad loss for democrats after they killed Scalia to give him his chance.

This_person

No one SABOTAGED the Merrick nomination .... the nomination was never CONSIDERED per the Biden Rule

We know Biden is stupid, so following his rule was only good if the rule was good. Just because it was good to smoosh all over liberals' faces doesn't make it actually good. It was not actually good to not take up that nomination, in my humble opinion.

Now, I believe the answer should have been "no". But, there should have been an answer.

It is not right to say it was not ok to Bork Bork, or Thomas Thomas, but it was ok to Garland Garland. All of those things were wrong, just like this is wrong to try and Thomas Judge K.

Wrong is wrong.

We can laugh at liberals like Salmon who say it is ok to do it now, but was not ok then. That demonstrates their idiotic, anti-patriotic, anti-Constitutional, party-over-citizens hypocrisy. I don't want my side to have that same hypocrisy. I don't personally have that hypocrisy. Tit for tat is no way to run a government.