Revelation 1 Kingdom and Priests

seekeroftruth

Revelation 1:To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood, 6 and has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Father—to him be glory and power for ever and ever! Amen.​

This is from the easy English site.

Then follow words that praise Jesus. He is the one who loves us. We love Christ because he first loved us. More than that, he has made us free. He has made us free from our sin. He did this through his blood (death). He died for us on the cross. The wages for sin is death. But God gives his people a free gift. It is life for ever in Christ Jesus our Lord (Romans 6:23). He has also made us free from sin’s power over us.

Verse 6 There is more. He has made us to be a kingdom and priests. The kingdom of God belongs to the people of God. They are the people of the kingdom. It is not like the kingdoms of the earth. The people of the kingdom are those whom God has made free. He has made them free from their sins. He did this through Jesus Christ. Their purpose is to serve ‘his God and Father’ (verse 6). They are kings. They should rule over sin. The people of the kingdom are also priests. This means ordinary Christians. A priest speaks to God on behalf of men. He speaks also to men on behalf of God. Priests pray to God for the world. They tell the world what God has done. They help sad people in the world. They introduce people to God. They pray to the Father for them. To him be glory and power for ever and ever! Amen.​

Hubby asked me the other day, "Why do you love me?" Romantic huh! He loved me first. I have to admit... I think Hubby might love me more than I love him. It's not easy living with a woman who does two Bible studies in the morning and then acts all uppity all day cause she feels good about God. Hubby and I been together for over 30 years. We're best friends. I've known Jesus for over 55 years. He loved me first, too. He had my name written on the list of people who who would be saved by His work on the Cross.

It took a lot of love and compassion to hang on that Cross for us nasty humans. Because He did that.... I have love and compassion. Jesus taught us the power of love. Jesus was the first to teach love and compassion. He fed the hungry and healed the sick to get His point across.

So this book isn't just about flying dragons and the apocalypse. It's about the major events that will take place because Jesus was hung on a cross until dead, buried in a borrowed cave, rose on the third day [conquering death] and now sits on a throne in heaven. This is the rest of the story.

Jesus loved me first.... so for the rest of this study... I'm not going to try to explain God's love.... Jesus did that.

I will say this.... if you doubt that Jesus went to the cross for you.... please stop here... you're not ready for the rest of the story... it's too amazing for you to understand if you don't have the basics. This is not mother's milk for baby Christians... this is hard core.

Do you think God was ok with the fact His only Begotten Son was hung on a cross by humans.... well ask yourself... what would you do if animals had attacked your son?

:coffee: