Hollywood mobilizing Democrats for midterms, but will it actually help?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Hey Stupidheads! You better pay attention to the "experts" on how you should be voting!

Liberal celebrities have been leading the Resistance ever since President Trump’s shock victory over Hollywood darling Hillary Clinton, and now superstars are going all-in on the upcoming midterm elections – but whether or not they can make a difference remains to be seen.

Since Trump took office, a gaggle of celebrities have become increasingly involved in politics. Chelsea Handler left her struggling Netflix show to focus on activism, actress Cynthia Nixon unsuccessfully challenged New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, Meryl Streep attacked Trump during a Golden Globes acceptance speech, Robert De Niro said he would like to punch the president and Madonna proclaimed she’s thought about blowing up the White House.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...s-for-midterms-but-will-it-actually-help.html

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I think their hysterical overkill is having the opposite of the intended effect. The way they've been talking and behaving, I have to believe they're losing their audience.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I think their hysterical overkill is having the opposite of the intended effect. The way they've been talking and behaving, I have to believe they're losing their audience.

I would hope so. But, there are those that carry-on just as badly and probably want to emulate their saviors. :crazy:

limblips

I thank them for their actions. Since the hollylibs have come out in numbers I find I get much more done around the ranch. I spend much less time watching TV and a lot more time in the shop, garage, and ship modeling room.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Star power can’t hurt!

yeah because a high school or college dropout paid to prance around naked ..... [JLaw, Milano ... etc]
..... have some wisdom to impart on the rest of the country that knows what is is like living pay check to pay check

SamSpade

yeah because a high school or college dropout paid to prance around naked ..... [JLaw, Milano ... etc]
..... have some wisdom to impart on the rest of the country that knows what is is like living pay check to pay check

I was amazed to learn just what an astonishing number of Hollywood types are either college dropouts - NEVER went - or are high school dropouts.
IF they have a degree at all, a good number of them are honorary - meaning, they look nice on the wall.

stgislander

PREMO Member
And this one...I'm impressed..

Well, aren't the majority of graduates of any of the service academies (well maybe not the USAFA) come out with STEM degrees? I mean there are the handful of History, English, PolySci, and International Affairs majors, but the vast majority are STEM grads.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I was amazed to learn just what an astonishing number of Hollywood types are either college dropouts - NEVER went - or are high school dropouts.
IF they have a degree at all, a good number of them are honorary - meaning, they look nice on the wall.

That's because they don't get employment based on their intelligence or knowledge, they get it based on fluffing their hair and taking their clothes off.

Sports guys, the same. If they have a college degree it's because they were sloughed through on their athletic ability. You hear them talk and they're barely literate.

SamSpade

Sports guys, the same. If they have a college degree it's because they were sloughed through on their athletic ability. You hear them talk and they're barely literate.

I went to Maryland during the days of Boomer and the great basketball teams - and my roomies used to bunk in Ellicott (the jock dorm, or it was, then) as well as my brother.
That was undeniably their opinion - jocks were there to play ball and could usually be counted on to skip class, take an absurdly light load and easy classes - and most of them
never graduated - OR moved on into professional sports.