Liberal Elites Are Even Ruining Hamburgers And They Must Be Stopped

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The bun. I’m open minded. You can do the traditional sesame seed style, or a potato roll. If you want to get kinky, throw it on rye for a patty melt. I will even accept a ciabatta in some cases. But a pretzel bun? What the hell is that?

Stop doing horrible things just to try to freak out the squares.

Cheese. Some of you eat burgers without cheese for reasons I cannot fathom. This is wrong and you are wrong. But worse than putting no cheese on your burger is putting the wrong cheese on your burger, thereby making it a wrong burger.

American cheese is the quintessential burger cheese, and the name probably explains why liberals hate it. Cheddar is acceptable. Bleu cheese? That’s borderline – sure, I’ve tried it, but who hasn’t gone through an experimental phase?

Swiss? Gross. Provolone? What’s wrong with you? Gruyere? Now you’re just screwing with us.

Things to put on burgers break down into condiments and other stuff. Optional condiments include mustard and mayonnaise. Not Miracle Whip. I am not even sure what that is. Also, no Sriracha, no guacamole, no BBQ sauce. Mandatory condiments are ketchup and more ketchup. One of a hamburger’s key roles is to serve as a ketchup delivery system. There’s this one trendy place in LA that will remain nameless and patronless that serves this weird tomato fruit roll-up it calls a “ketchup leather.” They got the leather part right. The burger, which hipster doofuses rave about, tastes like an old shoe.

Special sauce aka thousand island dressing aka ketchup + mayonnaise is an acceptable alternative to ketchup. Note that “ketchup” does not include “catsup” or grody Whole Foods/Trader Joe’s “organic” ketchup. The only good ketchup is mass-produced stuff you buy in a regular supermarket where they don’t sell kale.

Other stuff. Bacon? Not my scene but I won’t judge. Lettuce? Eh? Take it or leave it. Tomatoes? Yes. Pickles? Yes. Onions? Yes, grilled, fresh, or – if you are awesome – both. But nothing weird. No “tomato jam” or “onion chow-chow.”

https://townhall.com/columnists/kur...-hamburgers-and-they-must-be-stopped-n2520456

I have to break away from Kurt ... I like BBQ and Provolone on my Burger along with American Cheese and Mayo + Bacon

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I will put anything on a burger except ketchup or mustard.

or pickles too...no pickles.

I actually had a fantastic burger at Bottom of the Hill not too long ago, one of the best I've had anywhere in the county. Bacon, cheddar cheese, lettuce, maters, bit of onion...piled up..the flavor and finish was awesome.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
COMMUNIST! :mad:

Mustard is for kielbasa or bratwurst...and only spicey brown mustard at that. Ketchup is for french fries and even then only when a suitable grade of BBQ or Brit brown sauce is not readily at hand.

The end.

BOP

Mmmm...patty melts!

Every other hamburger must, at a minimum, have: cheddar cheese, mayo, ketchup, AND (listen up, stupid-ass restaurants!) a big, thick slice of onion. I mean, 1/8th of an inch thick, at least. Or give me the damn onion and a sharp knife.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Pretzel buns are super delicious.

Swiss and sauteed mushrooms used to be my go-to when I was a teen.

Bacon tends to get lost and doesn't really add to the burger.

Mayo - get thee behind me, Satan.

I am a traditionalist, so my perfect burger gets American cheese, ketchup, mustard, pickles, lettuce, tomato, and thin-sliced raw onion on a grilled Martin's potato bun. Sometimes jalapenos. I'm not about Red Robin or Fuddrucker's kitchen sink burgers. And crispy skinny fries, not those fat potatoey ones.