Thread: SECRET SCORES Apple gives you a TRUST rating and its based on your phone call and email habits

SECRET SCORES Apple gives you a TRUST rating and its based on your phone call and email habits

"To help identify and prevent fraud, information about how you use your device, including the approximate number of phone calls or emails you send and receive, will be used to compute a device trust score when you attempt a purchase," Apple explained.

"The submissions are designed so Apple cannot learn the real values on your device. The scores are stored for a fixed time on our servers."

So how does it actually work?

Apple has a bunch of different anti-fraud systems in place to work out whether payments you make are legitimate.

One of these, added in the new iOS 12 update, is a numeric trust score that's associated with your device.

This score is sent directly to Apple when you make a purchase.

The data used to create the score including the number of phone calls you've made is only ever stored on your device.

Importantly, when Apple sees the score, it doesn't see the contents of your communications. It's not reading your emails, for instance.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tech/730302...-calls-emails/
    Were tempted to suggest a conspiracy here but its just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply cant conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

Moral precepts are constant through the ages and not obedient to circumstances.

Lurking in the background in flat, humid Fl
    Yeah, right. And I've got a democrat senator named Schumer " Trust and believe me"

"This score is sent directly to Apple when you make a purchase.

The data used to create the score including the number of phone calls you've made is only ever stored on your device.

Importantly, when Apple sees the score, it doesn't see the contents of your communications. It's not reading your emails, for instance."

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress." John Adams

Members who have read this thread: 24