WTF is Wrong with the Legal system

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
HUDSONVILLE, Mich. --

The Ottawa County prosecutor dismissed the charges against the local woman on Tuesday. Questions remain, however, as to why she was arrested in the first place.

"I would like answers on why it got so far and how it got this far where this happened within my home. I'm disciplining my child, then I'm being the one handcuffed," Jodie May told WOOD-TV.

May told WOOD-TV that she took her 15-year-old daughter's iPhone 6 away in April after she got in trouble at school. However, Ron Frantz, the prosecutor, said the mom never told the original deputies that she'd taken the phone away to punish her daughter. In fact, it was never mentioned in the original report. The mom, though, claims she did tell the deputy upfront.

May's ex-husband, who reported the alleged theft, told deputies that he owned the phone, but the mom says the phone was a Christmas gift from her ex-husband to her daughter.

https://abc7.com/4297967/

from the dumb assed cop to the Prosecutor who took this to Trial ...... WTF is Wrong with People

Charged with 'stealing' from her daughter .... I'd be Bitch Slapping the EX for filing a FALSE Police Report

Hijinx

so the case was dismissed and May left the courthouse with a clean record.

Is there ever a clean record after an arrest?

Do they expunge the record or is there a record of the arrest having been made?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Is there ever a clean record after an arrest?

Do they expunge the record or is there a record of the arrest having been made?

yes you can file with the court and have the matter expunged

[although I wonder if the FEDs honor a state expungement request]

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Questions such as "who has custody of the daughter" come to mind. There has to be more to this story. If the daughter lives with her dad, and the mom took her phone while on a visit, I can see where the dad might have been pissed. But if the girl lives with the mom, I'm pretty sure that no matter who gave her the phone, the mom can still take it away.

Normally cops would chastise the dad for wasting their time like that, so I'd like to hear the whole story.