The Ford BS is getting deeper.

GregV814

Well she will soon be a millionaire political correspondent for nbc, cnn, Hoda and Kathy Lee, the View, ...

SamSpade

She will catch a cold.
Or have a family emergency.
Or have engine trouble.

The whole point is to drag this out as long as possible.

SamSpade

Or all three... One at a time.

Saw a pundit say this - if Kavanaugh is confirmed - and whether they try to remove him or what have you --

If they completely drop the whole Ford thing and she disappears from their radar, like Cindy Sheehan or the Shahs
or any one of dozens of "victims" - it proves what we've been saying - they don't give a rat's ass about "justice"
or even some version of rights for women. They want a political win.

PsyOps

Pixelated
She will catch a cold.
Or have a family emergency.
Or have engine trouble.

The whole point is to drag this out as long as possible.

What's annoying is Feinstein, et al... think we're too stupid to see what they're doing. Then Grassley playing along with this nonsense as if to give Ford the benefit of the doubt - playing the nice guy. Which is politically okay for his constituents, I suppose. But for people like me, who are fed up with this dishonesty and corruption, I want these people out. They are mucking up everything half the country wants.

SamSpade

What's annoying is Feinstein, et al... think we're too stupid to see what they're doing. Then Grassley playing along with this nonsense as if to give Ford the benefit of the doubt - playing the nice guy. Which is politically okay for his constituents, I suppose. But for people like me, who are fed up with this dishonesty and corruption, I want these people out. They are mucking up everything half the country wants.

Grassley knows the press is against him and the GOP. He is thinking November, and he's not wrong.
It doesn't matter if Kavanaugh is Ghandi and the GOP is all Mother Theresas, it makes no difference,
the press will use this to give the Democratic Party a bigger club to wield come the election, because
a sizable portion of the population will believe the narrative that old white guys have nothing better
to do than pick on a fifty year old professor with a PhD - excuse me, a fifteen-year-old victim who
has lived in unspeakable trauma since that date, even though we don't know when that was.

He knows that if he doesn't play the nice guy, he will absolutely lose politically.

Just to give you an idea - only 5% of Democrats believe Keith Ellison's accuser - his
ex-girlfriend who says he abused her as recently as 2016. Just to remind us of what's really going on.
They are however all willing to believe a story which was sat on for six weeks, no details,
every witness available denies it occurred, and no indication of when or where it occurred.

And which happened to a bunch of drunken teenagers - including the accuser - 36 years ago.

Midnightrider

The only way you end it Is to fully investigate, prove the lies and conspiracy, and prosecute those involved in the false allegations. It’s really that simple.

Hijinx

The only way you end it Is to fully investigate, prove the lies and conspiracy, and prosecute those involved in the false allegations. It’s really that simple.

BS. They are making a joke of the process.
And people like you are either part of the problem or too stupid to see it.

I have read your BS .Oh lets investigate lets get to the bottom, Oh lets prosecute the guilty. BS I have also watched you and your BS and you are party to this farce.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

I have read your BS .Oh lets investigate lets get to the bottom, Oh lets prosecute the guilty. BS I have also watched you and your BS and you are party to this farce.

part of the problem. Democrat through and through.

PsyOps

Pixelated

They are giving Ford every opportunity for this and she continues to move the goal post. There comes a point where enough is enough and just get on with the vote. You cannot ignore that this is a 35+ year old accusation that Ford had all that time to investigate. You cannot ignore that Feinstein held on to this for over 2 months and sprung it on us at the very last minute in order to stall the vote. There was plenty of time to investigate this. Time is up. This last extension has to be the end of it. The GOP has jumped through every hoop to accommodate Ford. The senate can place Kavanaugh to the SCOTUS and still have an investigation.

I don't care how much you hate Trump and everything he does, you do not have the right to abuse the legal process in order to destroy everything he is trying to get done. And that's what is happening here.

Hijinx

They are giving Ford every opportunity for this and she continues to move the goal post. There comes a point where enough is enough and just get on with the vote. You cannot ignore that this is a 35+ year old accusation that Ford had all that time to investigate. You cannot ignore that Feinstein held on to this for over 2 months and sprung it on us at the very last minute in order to stall the vote. There was plenty of time to investigate this. Time is up. This last extension has to be the end of it. The GOP has jumped through every hoop to accommodate Ford. The senate can place Kavanaugh to the SCOTUS and still have an investigation.

I don't care how much you hate Trump and everything he does, you do not have the right to abuse the legal process in order to destroy everything he is trying to get done. And that's what is happening here.

And to do it so openly.
Delay is the reason for this and we all know it.
The whole thing is a lie from start to finish.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Grassley knows the press is against him and the GOP. He is thinking November, and he's not wrong.
It doesn't matter if Kavanaugh is Ghandi and the GOP is all Mother Theresas, it makes no difference,
the press will use this to give the Democratic Party a bigger club to wield come the election, because
a sizable portion of the population will believe the narrative that old white guys have nothing better
to do than pick on a fifty year old professor with a PhD - excuse me, a fifteen-year-old victim who
has lived in unspeakable trauma since that date, even though we don't know when that was.

He knows that if he doesn't play the nice guy, he will absolutely lose politically.

Just to give you an idea - only 5% of Democrats believe Keith Ellison's accuser - his
ex-girlfriend who says he abused her as recently as 2016. Just to remind us of what's really going on.
They are however all willing to believe a story which was sat on for six weeks, no details,
every witness available denies it occurred, and no indication of when or where it occurred.

And which happened to a bunch of drunken teenagers - including the accuser - 36 years ago.

I don't want come across as knowing better what Grassley's constituents are thinking. I'd like to think Grassley is in tune with his state; so he is doing this to appease them. But, doesn't there come a time where enough is enough? I think voters in Iowa will reelect Grassley regardless of what he does or what the press says. He has held this seat comfortably since 1981. So, it does perplex me why he is going to these lengths to appease Ford; especially knowing what this is really all about - which is not Ford's accusations.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

yeah sure ok .... it is NOT that simple ... you are being disingenuous

'I remember' with no formal charges of assault there is NOTHING to investigate
there is little to investigate when someone writes a letter / makes a statement through a lawyer with so content

- and with a public figure, the Proof or Bar Proving Defamation is too high for any meaningful results

no way conspiracy will ever be proven - unless someone comes forward with emails or phone conversations showing some sort of per-release co-ordination or flat out admission of I'll lie for you for X money

all of your 'fully investigate' is so much spurious :bs: and pissing in the wind

Midnightrider

Meh, suck it

I’m not ignoring anything. By now all of the ‘witnesses’ could have been interviewed including all of the politicians who handled this. All of that info should be presented to the committee. Then they should choose who to interview or if to have additional hearings at all. Then vote.

In the mean time you have an investigation into every person who touched that letter. There was apparently a lot of back and forth threw some back channels, but I bet there are plenty of emails or texts that show the true nature of the accusations and when they were announced. It really shouldn’t be that hard to put a case together. Then you prosecute the conspirators. Feinstein would necessarily be at the head of that class since she was the one who brought this forward.

How do you propose to end these last minute, unsubstantiated claims?

PeoplesElbow

So congress can't just send her a private charter to get her to and from Washington? Why wasn't this suggested? It can't possibly be because that would be irresponsible spending....

I have a feeling this woman will have a deadly accident on her way and it will be blamed on the deplorables.

black dog

Free America
It’s called moral consistency Mo. That’s obviously a foreign concept for you.

11_C2_C533-3962-47_A8-_BCF7-41971_C6311_A2.jpg