Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Here's a far fetched thought

Blog Entries
    Now you have me thinking...see what you did???

These movies always revolve around New York or LA because big cities are where criminals tend to congregate and people are crappy and antisocial in general. So where would you be safe on Purge night? Pretty much anywhere that's also a nice place to live. A Purge night in Lincoln, NE would be pretty uneventful, as would one in Gatlinburg, TN. Cody, WY would have no meaningful Purge.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

I'm pretty certain of who would want to Purge me.
    Quote Originally Posted by kom526 View Post
    Dear Baby Jesus lying in a crib in Bethlehem,
    I thank your divine intervention that I was not drinking anything when I read this post.

Quote Originally Posted by SailorGirl View Post
    I'm watching the television version of The Purge. I find it pretty creepy and fell asleep thinking about where I could go to take myself and my son to feel safe.

So if you ever had the chance to purge for the one night it was offered - would you do it? If you didn't want to participate, how would you protect yourself; where would you hide or go to feel safe?
    So I guess you don't have any shipping containers buried in the 'back 40' of your sprawling estate then.

These days, I doubt anyone would care enough about me either way to send out their goons after me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    That's kinda sad, actually. Everyone should feel safe in their home...and take any measures necessary to assure it. IMHO. I don't keep more than a dozen or so firearms in the house, and never more than a thousand rounds..or not much more...well maybe 2000..fire hazard. But the rest is close to hand in my buildings quite near by....
    I do feel safe in my home. I just don't think I would feel safe if there was a purge situation. People are weird. You never really know who you've pissed off in your life and who's holding a grudge, or who's just killing for the sake of killing.

Quote Originally Posted by officeguy View Post
    So I guess you don't have any shipping containers buried in the 'back 40' of your sprawling estate then.

These days, I doubt anyone would care enough about me either way to send out their goons after me.
    40 acres...yeah right

Quote Originally Posted by SailorGirl View Post
    People are weird. .
    I'll grant you that!
    "Dark humor is like food. Not everyone gets it." - J. Stalin

Quote Originally Posted by officeguy View Post
    Funny you mentioned that...I've got a 40-acre spot that I consider ideal to install an underground SHTF shelter. Haven't found the time, money or motivation..but have thought about it.

A shipping container would be pretty good shelter.
    No more splitting Uranium for fun and profit, retirement is cool so far....

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    Funny you mentioned that...I've got a 40-acre spot that I consider ideal to install an underground SHTF shelter. Haven't found the time, money or motivation..but have thought about it.
    Nice deflection but we know you have one, you're just afraid the forum rabble will show up at your door when it's needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    Nice deflection but we know you have one, you're just afraid the forum rabble will show up at your door when it's needed.
    LOL..tru dat. Howver, the 40 acres I referred to is not "here"...it's somewhere else. ;-) The problem with "here" is that you dig a hole, you hit water at about 18"...

Members who have read this thread: 109