Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Here's a far fetched thought

Here's a far fetched thought

I'm watching the television version of The Purge. I find it pretty creepy and fell asleep thinking about where I could go to take myself and my son to feel safe.

So if you ever had the chance to purge for the one night it was offered - would you do it? If you didn't want to participate, how would you protect yourself; where would you hide or go to feel safe?

Answer 1. Even though some need to be purged! NO! I wouldn't.
    Answer 2. Some things you just do not tell anyone.
    JUSTME2

Quote Originally Posted by Justme2 View Post
    Answer 1. Even though some need to be purged! NO! I wouldn't.
    Answer 2. Some things you just do not tell anyone.
    I don't think I could kill another human being either, no matter how much I hated them. Not sure I could even kill someone who was trying to kill me, although I'm fairly certain I'd fight back.

As for some things you just don't tell anyone - I'm assuming you're talking about a safe space - that's what I fell asleep wondering. I wouldn't feel safe in my home. I can't think of any place I could drive to feel safe. I wouldn't feel safe in the nearby woods - what if someone saw me go there?

Blog Entries
    The Purge sounds like Baltimore or Chicago on any given night.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Quote Originally Posted by SailorGirl View Post
    I wouldn't feel safe in my home.
    That's kinda sad, actually. Everyone should feel safe in their home...and take any measures necessary to assure it. IMHO. I don't keep more than a dozen or so firearms in the house, and never more than a thousand rounds..or not much more...well maybe 2000..fire hazard. But the rest is close to hand in my buildings quite near by....
    "Dark humor is like food. Not everyone gets it." - J. Stalin

Answer #1- I'm kinda still on the fence about the whole issue.
    Answer #2- A safe space...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    That's kinda sad, actually. Everyone should feel safe in their home...and take any measures necessary to assure it. IMHO. I don't keep more than a dozen or so firearms in the house, and never more than a thousand rounds..or not much more...well maybe 2000..fire hazard. But the rest is close to hand in my buildings quite near by....
    The premise of the show is that everyone else is or can be armed as well, so you're going to have to outgun perhaps a whole mob.

I've never seen anything in the Purge series because it never seemed interesting. I'm too nitpicky ("okay, nobody would do that") to enjoy shows like that.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

No wire hangers, ever! gemma_rae's Avatar
    I've only seen the movie and it's sequel, so I'm assuming it's the same premise.

That said, I can't imagine anyone giving two ####s about me, and I wouldn't participate because I can't imagine giving two ####s about anyone else. I would go out in a nice dark corner of the yard to watch though.
    Don't f**k with me fellas! This ain't my first time at the rodeo. ~ Joan Crawford

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    The premise of the show is that everyone else is or can be armed as well, so you're going to have to outgun perhaps a whole mob.
    Not a problem. ;-)
    "Dark humor is like food. Not everyone gets it." - J. Stalin

If I may ...

Sure, and I'd start with .........

The secret to safety, is to never stay in one place too long. No matter how well your house is fortified, it will still burn.
    If the military wanted you to have a spouse, or family, they would have issued you one.

Members who have read this thread: 112