Thread: Low Carb Diet

Low Carb Diet

Anyone still live on a low carb diet? I used one to lose weight before, but now I am living low carb because it helps with blood sugar management.

I love biscuits, fried potatoes, rolls etc breakfast is my favorite meal.

I recently found alternatives for the fried potatoes, but never did much like the low carb biscuits and pancakes.

If you are living low carb, what are some of your favorite recipes?

This one is quite good for "fried taters" https://simplysohealthy.com/low-carb-homefries/
    If what I say offends you then you really don't want to hear what I keep to myself.

I too eat fairly low carb. I could never do the alternatives route though. Some stuff, like swapping out rice for cauliflower rice, or mashed potatoes for pureed cauliflower...sure. But I found most of the time, the alternatives for things like bread or pizza crust or pancakes...the alternative will NEVER come close. I'd rather just eat proper and simple low-carb 90% of the time and pick a meal or two a week where I can have the real deal...whether that's the homefries or real pizza crust. I was just always too disappointed when I'd make those kinds of "alt" recipes that'd make me want to cheat more and more.

Sorry, not much help
    none of my yoga pants have ever been to yoga.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky_bee View Post
    I was just always too disappointed when I'd make those kinds of "alt" recipes that'd make me want to cheat more and more.
    This is what happens to me, too. I find I do better if I just limit my food choices - pick 5 or 6 things I like to eat, and don't try to do cauliflower pizza and spaghetti squash lasagna. It's NOT the same, or even close, and it just makes me want the real thing.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Quote Originally Posted by PeoplesElbow View Post
    If you are living low carb, what are some of your favorite recipes?

My 2 favorite lo-carb meals.
    On account'a the diabeetus.

----------------------------------------------------------

1) 12 oz sirloin steak
    2) 1/2 lb. Fresh broccoli
    3) 1 package Texas Toast

Grill steak about 3-4 minutes on each side. Let sit for 4 minutes.
    Boil broccoli to desired tenderness.
    Use Texas Toast Slices to knock squirrels out of nearby trees.

Serves 1.

----------------------------------------------------------

2 Jumbo eggs
    1 loaf Rapa Scrapple
    1 package Oscar Mayer Bacon
    1 package Ore-Ida Hashbrowns.

Slice scrapple into 1/4-1/2 inch patties. Fry 5-10 minutes per side.
    Fry bacon to desired crispness
    Fry eggs to desired hardness
    Throw hashbrowns in trash. Use the salt and pepper you would have used this, on your eggs and scrapple.

Serves 1.
    --
    Well, it's been in your mouth for like, three hours. It feels like it's full of water.

Tight Pants and Lipstick virgovictoria's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    As mentioned above, smashed cauliflower makes a great alternative to mashed potatoes; spaghetti squash = spaghetti... I did recently see a commercial where Oprah has a new pizza out replacing some of the starch with cauliflower. I'm interested to see how that tastes. Unfortunately cauliflower has virtually no taste and needs lots of salt, which is okay for me (hypotensive), but not so good for others. I try to eat a low carb, reduced fat diet, but it doesn't always work. I like my Swedish Fish too much! I used to practice it religiously and maintained a nice ideal weight. Not so much now, loving too many carbs that I gave up for so long.
    The grand essentials for happiness are having something to do, something to love and something to hope for.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxick View Post
    On account'a the diabeetus.
    Thats why I'm doing it too. PS I love Texas toast :(
    If what I say offends you then you really don't want to hear what I keep to myself.

Members who have read this thread: 39