Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hogan-Jealous Debate

Quote Originally Posted by NorthBeachPerso View Post
    The thing is, interracial marriage became legal in Maryland in 1967 (Loving v. VA). Jealous was born in 1973.

Having said that, I can think of several Southern Maryland families, especially if you include Prince George's and Anne Arundel Counties, where a law against it didn't seem to matter much.
    According the the Ben Jealous Wiki

Jealous's parents met in Baltimore. As an interracial couple, they were prohibited by state law from marrying in Maryland before 1967. They married in Washington, D.C. and returned to live in Baltimore for a time before moving to California in the early 1970s.[15]
    "I am capable of much unpleasantness."

Jealous is whiter than me......no freckles here.......just sayin’
    When you lie down with dogs, you're going to get fleas.....

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Beers at Krakken bar with Bird Dog. For all of you who wondered, he's normal. :jet:

a 22 point lead is nothing...This is Murlin where we invite VietNamese to vote, Iranians, folks from Hotlanta, Chicago, San Juan, Philadelphia, etc... just get on the bus Gus..
    to demonstrate absurdity, sometimes one must be absurd

Quote Originally Posted by Bird Dog View Post
    Jealous is whiter than me......no freckles here.......just sayin’
    It's never been pinned down how little black you can have and still be black. Gotta have some, ask Rachel D., but after that, who knows.

[QUOTE=vraiblonde;5926097]From the Republican Central Committee:

Tomorrow is the big day -- Governor Hogan will be taking on Ben Jealous and fighting to change Maryland for the better. Will you come and greet the governor as he arrives at the debate?
    Full details are below:

WHAT: Gubernatorial Debate
    WHEN: Monday, September 24, 2018 at 8:45 AM
    WHERE: MPT Studios, 11767 Owings Mills Blvd., Owings Mills, MD 21117

It's $ FREE $
    Register Here: http://ventbrite.com/e/greet-governo...m_medium=email[/QUOTE

HE IS NOT GETTING MY VOTE AS HE HAS SIGNED MORE GUN LAWS WHEN ARE THESE STUPID AZZ POLITICIANS GOING TO UNDERSTAND THAT GUN LAWS DO NOT WORK AND IF YOU TAKE AWAY THE GUNS FROM THE GOOD GUYS ONLY THE BAD GUYS WILL HAVE GUNS HOGAN IS JUST LIKE ANY OTHER POLITICIAN HE WILL SAY/DO ANYTHING TO GET A VOTE

[QUOTE=JEFF69Z28;5926885]
    From the Republican Central Committee:

Tomorrow is the big day -- Governor Hogan will be taking on Ben Jealous and fighting to change Maryland for the better. Will you come and greet the governor as he arrives at the debate?
    Full details are below:

It's $ FREE $

HE IS NOT GETTING MY VOTE AS HE HAS SIGNED MORE GUN LAWS WHEN ARE THESE STUPID AZZ POLITICIANS GOING TO UNDERSTAND THAT GUN LAWS DO NOT WORK AND IF YOU TAKE AWAY THE GUNS FROM THE GOOD GUYS ONLY THE BAD GUYS WILL HAVE GUNS HOGAN IS JUST LIKE ANY OTHER POLITICIAN HE WILL SAY/DO ANYTHING TO GET A VOTE
    So......you're voting for Jealous.

Todd Eberley at SMCM called the debate a draw.

http://freestaterblog.blogspot.com/2...Stater+Blog%29

I shouldn't be surprised that the last question asked was about Trump since this is MD.
    "Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever." - Shane Falco

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stgislander View Post
    Todd Eberley at SMCM called the debate a draw.

http://freestaterblog.blogspot.com/2...Stater+Blog%29

I shouldn't be surprised that the last question asked was about Trump since this is MD.
    If he called the debate a draw, that means Hogan was amazing and Jealous was his usual self. If Jealous had made any kind of showing, even a little bit, SMCM would have called it a walkaway win for him.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

[QUOTE=JEFF69Z28;5926885]
    From the Republican Central Committee:

Full details are below:

It's $ FREE $

Calm down and think. Imagine, if you will, what sort of laws a guy like Jealous might have signed over that same timeframe. Hogan lives with a legistlature that can, and will, override any veto he places. So he has to choose which hills to die on. For everyone in the state, not just gun owners. Would you like him to be like those silly Republicans in the US House, who spent two years crafting and passing Obamacare repeal bills they knew would never clear the Senate, and even if they did would get vetoed by Obama? Wasting his limited time and poliical capital fighting battles he knows damn well he has no chance of winning while pisssing away chances to changes the things he can?

How about maybe you help him spend another four years showing MD Dems that maybe the R designation doesnt mean people you cant work with you? Becuase your vote not going to Hogan means some freeloaders vote for Jealous's Gravy Train gets through. Thanks for that.

If he called the debate a draw, that means Hogan was amazing and Jealous was his usual self. If Jealous had made any kind of showing, even a little bit, SMCM would have called it a walkaway win for him.
    I'm really surprised how "everybody" gives Jealous such high marks on education and reducing the "achievement gap" as he calls it. Plus laying the blame for Balt City schools not having air conditioning at Hogan's feet is pure B.S.
    "Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever." - Shane Falco

Members who have read this thread: 92