Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hogan-Jealous Debate

[QUOTE=glhs837;5926988]
    Quote Originally Posted by JEFF69Z28 View Post

Calm down and think. Imagine, if you will, what sort of laws a guy like Jealous might have signed over that same timeframe. Hogan lives with a legistlature that can, and will, override any veto he places. So he has to choose which hills to die on. For everyone in the state, not just gun owners. Would you like him to be like those silly Republicans in the US House, who spent two years crafting and passing Obamacare repeal bills they knew would never clear the Senate, and even if they did would get vetoed by Obama? Wasting his limited time and poliical capital fighting battles he knows damn well he has no chance of winning while pisssing away chances to changes the things he can?

How about maybe you help him spend another four years showing MD Dems that maybe the R designation doesnt mean people you cant work with you? Becuase your vote not going to Hogan means some freeloaders vote for Jealous's Gravy Train gets through. Thanks for that.
    I can agree with some of your post but why sign more gun laws

[QUOTE=JEFF69Z28;5927143]
    Quote Originally Posted by glhs837 View Post
    I can agree with some of your post but why sign more gun laws
    Maybe becuase they were damn well gonna make worse ones that he couldn't stop no matter what and the ones he did sign were he least he could talk them into? Remember, these legislators like to override his veto more than I like to ride my motorcycle, which I do up to 100 degrees, and down to single digits and even in the rain.

https://www.google.com/search?q=hoga...%20vetos&cad=h

Sometimes you have to acknowledge that you simply cannot do more than you can do, and you get done what you can.
    "I am capable of much unpleasantness."

The most recent Mason Dixon poll done after the debate has Hogan's lead cut from 22% to 15%. Seven points in 2 days. Tell me again how Jealous can't win. Negative 2%/week from now until Nov. 6 puts Jealous in Annapolis.

Before any of you crucify me I wouldn't vote for Jealous if he was the only one running, just saying that Hogan isn't the shoo-in some of you think.
    I liked Calvert County better when there were only two stoplights.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthBeachPerso View Post
    The most recent Mason Dixon poll done after the debate has Hogan's lead cut from 22% to 15%. Seven points in 2 days. Tell me again how Jealous can't win. Negative 2%/week from now until Nov. 6 puts Jealous in Annapolis.

Before any of you crucify me I wouldn't vote for Jealous if he was the only one running, just saying that Hogan isn't the shoo-in some of you think.
    Not sure that 2% loss per week is realistic, or how well the Goucher and Mason-Dixon results relate to each other, but who knows. Anythings possible.

Quote Originally Posted by glhs837 View Post
    Not sure that 2% loss per week is realistic, or how well the Goucher and Mason-Dixon results relate to each other, but who knows. Anythings possible.
    That 2%/week is what Ehrlich lost in October 2006 against O'Malley and lost the election.

Trump was losing in all the polls too.....just saying

That 2%/week is what Ehrlich lost in October 2006 against O'Malley and lost the election.
    Hmmmm, this chart appears to not back that up at all. Do you have another source?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maryla...election,_2006

Source Date O'Malley (D) Ehrlich (R)
    SurveyUSA November 5, 2006 50% 47%

Baltimore Sun/Potomac Inc. November 1, 2006 47% 46%

Wall Street Journal/Zogby October 31, 2006 49.3% 43.9%

Public Opinion Strategies October 31, 2006 46% 45%

Rasmussen October 30, 2006 50% 47%

Washington Post October 29, 2006 55% 45%

Rasmussen October 17, 2006 53% 45%

USA TODAY/Gallup October 6, 2006 53% 41%

Baltimore Sun/Potomac Inc. September 24, 2006 50% 44%

Survey USA September 20, 2006 51% 44%

Rasmussen September 20, 2006 49% 42%

Wall Street Journal/Zogby September 11, 2006 52.5% 39.6%

Wall Street Journal/Zogby August 28, 2006 52.0% 42.2%

Rasmussen August 18, 2006 50% 43%

Yeah, it looks like I misremembered the numbers. But I'll still maintain that that election was Ehrlich's to lose. And he did. That's why I'm not orgasming over Hogan's numbers.

Yeah, it looks like I misremembered the numbers. But I'll still maintain that that election was Ehrlich's to lose. And he did. That's why I'm not orgasming over Hogan's numbers.
    Hogan is a Flake.

Quote Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
    Hogan is a Flake.
    Spoken like a true Montgomery countian.

Members who have read this thread: 92