Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Hogan-Jealous Debate

Quote Originally Posted by stgislander View Post
    Welcome Todd. I enjoy reading your blog.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by NorthBeachPerso View Post
    Well, yes and no. About 4 Counties are reliably Blue (Montgomery, Prince George's, Howard [to an extent], Charles [now, but Democrats from there historically ranged from conservative to a bit to the right of Attila the Hun] and Baltimore City. The rest range from purple to deep Red.

The trepidation over his "progressive" stances is the cost. You can give free #### out all day but somebody has to pay for it in the end. And typically people receiving the free #### don't or pay very little.
    The wealthy in this state own businesses, vacation homes, yachts, etc. They can afford to pay more for the betterment of everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Salmon View Post
    They can afford to pay more for the betterment of everyone.
    "Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever." - Shane Falco

The wealthy in this state own businesses, vacation homes, yachts, etc. They can afford to pay more for the betterment of everyone.
    What on earth???? Where do you come up with this crap? Just because you and your kind failed at life, you think that gives you the "right" to confiscate wealth from those more successful??
    "I've got to start eating at home more" - J. Dahmer

I see Salmon finally got out of bed.
    "Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever." - Shane Falco

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    What on earth???? Where do you come up with this crap? Just because you and your kind failed at life, you think that gives you the "right" to confiscate wealth from those more successful??
    The rich hogs all the resources making it impossible for others to get ahead.

The rich hogs all the resources making it impossible for others to get ahead.
    You poor deluded bastard...you are worse off than even I thought. That's not it works..that's not how any of it works.

You are just kidding right? Nobody can be that stupid for real.
    "I've got to start eating at home more" - J. Dahmer

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    You poor deluded bastard...you are worse off than even I thought. That's not it works..that's not how any of it works.

You are just kidding right? Nobody can be that stupid for real.
    Never be surprised at how dumb your fellow citizens can be. That ranges across the political spectrum.

I once said, many years ago, that we in Calvert couldn't elect anyone dumber as a County Commissioner than we did one year (hint: well known south County name). I was wrong. Four years ago we elected two who are dumber.
    I liked Calvert County better when there were only two stoplights.

Registered User acommondisaster's Avatar
    I'll be following Hogan's lead and voting for his father. Yeah, I can hold a grudge sometimes.
    Chaos breathes life into routine.

I can’t believe anyone buys the BS spewed by Hogie. Maryland is a blue state and Jealous is a true progressive. I don’t see the trepidation about him.
    Maryland is a blue state only in the respect that it is majority democrat by registration. It is not blue in the way you believe. It is not blue in being a far left progressive state. There are many people registered as democrats who are willing to cross over given a republican candidate who is not far right wing. That has been proven by the election of Bob Ehrlich and Larry Hogan. Jealous is a true progressive in the fact that he believes in offering free stuff for many knowing that the only way he can pay for it is through taxes and wealth redistribution. Even many of his fellow democrats have given him only luke warm support. They know the backlash from his policies could undermine the domination they have built up through the years and boomerang back on them. He can't even get the support of Peter Franchot who is a well respected democrat. Jealous might close some of the gap, but he will lose by more than any other democrat running for governor since McKeldin won as a republican in 1950 and 1954. The more astute political democrats like Miller and Busch know this. That's why they have been largely silent during this entire race.

Members who have read this thread: 92