Hogan-Jealous Debate

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
From the Republican Central Committee:

Tomorrow is the big day -- Governor Hogan will be taking on Ben Jealous and fighting to change Maryland for the better. Will you come and greet the governor as he arrives at the debate?
Full details are below:

WHAT: Gubernatorial Debate
WHEN: Monday, September 24, 2018 at 8:45 AM
WHERE: MPT Studios, 11767 Owings Mills Blvd., Owings Mills, MD 21117

It's $ FREE $
Register Here: http://ventbrite.com/e/greet-govern...ign=website&utm_source=mdgop&utm_medium=email

glhs837

Power with Control

Tomorrow is the big day -- Governor Hogan will be taking on Ben Jealous and fighting to change Maryland for the better. Will you come and greet the governor as he arrives at the debate?
Full details are below:

It's $ FREE $
Register Here: http://ventbrite.com/e/greet-govern...ign=website&utm_source=mdgop&utm_medium=email

Think I'll be tuning into this, should be fun.

glhs837

Power with Control
From what I read, since I was busy with other stuff.

Jealous - MD is failing and only by taxing and then spending a few more hundreds of millions to provide lot more free stuff can we make it better. (I suspect Martin was using him as a sock puppet)

Hogan - Ah, no, doing just fine, thanks.

Hogan - Ben is a CA carpetbagger, doesnt even get MD, since he was raised in CA, and thats where the few pennies he has to spend on his campaign

Jealous - Well, my prents had to go to CA, since interracial marriages were illegal here then.... (micdrop)

Hogan - Respect that, and your work with the NAACP.

Result? Hogan wins the election.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB

Jealous - MD is failing and only by taxing and then spending a few more hundreds of millions to provide lot more free stuff can we make it better. (I suspect Martin was using him as a sock puppet)

Hogan - Ben is a CA carpetbagger, doesnt even get MD, since he was raised in CA, and thats where the few pennies he has to spend on his campaign

Jealous - Well, my prents had to go to CA, since interracial marriages were illegal here then.... (micdrop)

Don't count on that, really. In a normal state I'd say that a 22%+/- lead is insurmountable but we have no idea how many guilt voters will come out. Remember, this is Maryland. I can almost guarantee that the interracial marriage piece was worth at least a +2% in Montgomery County and probably Howard.

gary_webb

Damned glad to meet you

If he holds such a grudge why did he come back, to get revenge on us?

glhs837

Power with Control
Don't count on that, really. In a normal state I'd say that a 22%+/- lead is insurmountable but we have no idea how many guilt voters will come out. Remember, this is Maryland. I can almost guarantee that the interracial marriage piece was worth at least a +2% in Montgomery County and probably Howard.

Not enough, however. People who are less harrasssed by the state like that status. Owe'Malley stench is still strong enough that nobody wants to go back tehre yet. By the end of Hogans second term, maybe they will have forgotten. but not yet.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
The thing is, interracial marriage became legal in Maryland in 1967 (Loving v. VA). Jealous was born in 1973.

Having said that, I can think of several Southern Maryland families, especially if you include Prince George's and Anne Arundel Counties, where a law against it didn't seem to matter much.

glhs837

Power with Control
The thing is, interracial marriage became legal in Maryland in 1967 (Loving v. VA). Jealous was born in 1973.

Having said that, I can think of several Southern Maryland families, especially if you include Prince George's and Anne Arundel Counties, where a law against it didn't seem to matter much.

According the the Ben Jealous Wiki

Jealous's parents met in Baltimore. As an interracial couple, they were prohibited by state law from marrying in Maryland before 1967. They married in Washington, D.C. and returned to live in Baltimore for a time before moving to California in the early 1970s.[15]

GregV814

a 22 point lead is nothing...This is Murlin where we invite VietNamese to vote, Iranians, folks from Hotlanta, Chicago, San Juan, Philadelphia, etc... just get on the bus Gus..

Kinnakeet

Full details are below:

It's $ FREE $
Register Here: http://ventbrite.com/e/greet-govern...ign=website&utm_source=mdgop&utm_medium=email[/QUOTE

HE IS NOT GETTING MY VOTE AS HE HAS SIGNED MORE GUN LAWS WHEN ARE THESE STUPID AZZ POLITICIANS GOING TO UNDERSTAND THAT GUN LAWS DO NOT WORK AND IF YOU TAKE AWAY THE GUNS FROM THE GOOD GUYS ONLY THE BAD GUYS WILL HAVE GUNS HOGAN IS JUST LIKE ANY OTHER POLITICIAN HE WILL SAY/DO ANYTHING TO GET A VOTE:patriot::patriot::patriot:

NextJen

Raisin cane

Full details are below:

It's $ FREE $
Register Here: http://ventbrite.com/e/greet-govern...ign=website&utm_source=mdgop&utm_medium=email[/QUOTE

HE IS NOT GETTING MY VOTE AS HE HAS SIGNED MORE GUN LAWS WHEN ARE THESE STUPID AZZ POLITICIANS GOING TO UNDERSTAND THAT GUN LAWS DO NOT WORK AND IF YOU TAKE AWAY THE GUNS FROM THE GOOD GUYS ONLY THE BAD GUYS WILL HAVE GUNS HOGAN IS JUST LIKE ANY OTHER POLITICIAN HE WILL SAY/DO ANYTHING TO GET A VOTE:patriot::patriot::patriot:

So......you're voting for Jealous.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

glhs837

Power with Control

Full details are below:

It's $ FREE $

Calm down and think. Imagine, if you will, what sort of laws a guy like Jealous might have signed over that same timeframe. Hogan lives with a legistlature that can, and will, override any veto he places. So he has to choose which hills to die on. For everyone in the state, not just gun owners. Would you like him to be like those silly Republicans in the US House, who spent two years crafting and passing Obamacare repeal bills they knew would never clear the Senate, and even if they did would get vetoed by Obama? Wasting his limited time and poliical capital fighting battles he knows damn well he has no chance of winning while pisssing away chances to changes the things he can?

How about maybe you help him spend another four years showing MD Dems that maybe the R designation doesnt mean people you cant work with you? Becuase your vote not going to Hogan means some freeloaders vote for Jealous's Gravy Train gets through. Thanks for that.

stgislander

PREMO Member
If he called the debate a draw, that means Hogan was amazing and Jealous was his usual self. If Jealous had made any kind of showing, even a little bit, SMCM would have called it a walkaway win for him.

I'm really surprised how "everybody" gives Jealous such high marks on education and reducing the "achievement gap" as he calls it. Plus laying the blame for Balt City schools not having air conditioning at Hogan's feet is pure B.S.