MudJacking / Concrete Leveling in SOMD?

Trying to fix a situation with my landing and steps before it becomes a big problem. Have a 4 to 6 inch void under the concrete, which hasn't sagged or cracked yet (being held up by foundation). Want to fill it with support material before it pulls my foundation wall apart.

I don't think we can just fill the area with dirt/gravel as it will still compress some and would be hard to force in with enough pressure to be supporting of the cement. So I think injecting more concrete (the expanding kind) or poly foam like they do to lift sunken concrete would be a good solution.

Problem is, I can't seem to find anyone who does this in Southern Maryland. I don't want to demo and redo my otherwise perfectly fine landing and stairs.

If you know of anyone who performs this service, please let me know.

glhs837

Power with Control
Trying to fix a situation with my landing and steps before it becomes a big problem. Have a 4 to 6 inch void under the concrete, which hasn't sagged or cracked yet (being held up by foundation). Want to fill it with support material before it pulls my foundation wall apart.

I don't think we can just fill the area with dirt/gravel as it will still compress some and would be hard to force in with enough pressure to be supporting of the cement. So I think injecting more concrete (the expanding kind) or poly foam like they do to lift sunken concrete would be a good solution.

Problem is, I can't seem to find anyone who does this in Southern Maryland. I don't want to demo and redo my otherwise perfectly fine landing and stairs.

If you know of anyone who performs this service, please let me know.

I looked years back and virtually nobody does it outside the urban areas.

That's what I noticed. I was hoping someone who does cement work down here might have the equipment even if they don't advertise the service.

For the poly-foam it looks like it's a $300-400 investment in equipment and a couple hundred in foam, more than I would like to spend as a DIY project. I don't know what required for the mudjacking but it's probably similar.

I wonder if it would be possible to use a funnel, PVC pipe, and some epanding concrete mix to try to do it from the side. Not something I would try to tackle myself, or have the husband do, but possibly something a handi-man might be willing to try.