The Kavanaugh Circus Could Destroy the Me Too Movement

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Last night, though, Farrow and his colleague Jane Mayer did a huge disservice to the Me Too movement by publishing an incredibly thin sexual-abuse allegation against Brett Kavanaugh. That story, a prime example of how some media outlets and left-wing voices have mishandled the accusations against the judge, will likely create a climate in which fewer victims are believed, more innocent men suffer for crimes they didn’t commit, and neutral observers are more inclined to doubt claims of sexual assault.

The political circus overwhelming the Kavanaugh confirmation will almost certainly weaken the Me Too movement in the long run by undermining its promise that the truth matters and that it will enable us to obtain justice.

The slapdash nature of yesterday’s reporting by Farrow and Mayer encourages readers to cast doubt on this newest accusation. They write of Kavanaugh’s accuser, Deborah Ramirez: “In her initial conversations with The New Yorker, she was reluctant to characterize Kavanaugh’s role in the alleged incident with certainty,” saying she was only willing to go on the record “after six days of carefully assessing her memories and consulting with her attorney,” at which point “she felt confident enough of her recollections.” Their effort to publish this story should’ve stopped right there.

What’s more, they couldn’t find a single eyewitness to confirm that Kavanaugh was present at the party Ramirez describes, or even to confirm they heard this account from the accuser herself. One friend of Ramirez’s told The New Yorker: “This is a woman I was best friends with. We shared intimate details of our lives. And I was never told this story by her, or by anyone else. It never came up. I didn’t see it; I never heard of it happening.”

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/09/kavanaugh-nomination-circus-could-destroy-me-too-movement/

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I hope something destroys it, so I can hold my head high again. It's embarrassing.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I hope something destroys it, so I can hold my head high again. It's embarrassing.

:high5:

Like most things that take on a life of their own, what started out as a good thing rapidly turned into a bull#### political tool and means to destroy our culture.

They emasculate our men, turn our women into infants who can't even manage their own sex life...no real American thinks this is a good idea.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
CNN now claims to have evidence that Brett Kavanaugh exposed himself, totally nude, to three nurses moments after his birth! :yikes: