Hawaii Senator Mazie Hirono "We are not in a court of law, we are in a court of credibility..."

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
"In conservative circles, there is outrage at the comment because this is a conservative judge, you have made your decision about him as it relates to the accusations. Can you clarify what you meant?" said Jackson.

Hirono responded by dismissing the law altogether. "Look, we are not in a court of law, we are in a court of credibility at this point," she said. "Without having the FBI report or some semblance of trying to get corroboration, we are left with the credibility of the two witnesses."

But Hirono made clear to Jackson that she believes his judicial record proves that he is not credible.

"I said his credibility is already questionable in my mind," she continued," because, one, he misstates cases, he missapplies cases, and, as I said at his hearing, we cannot have someone on the Supreme Court who does that..."

Before she again admitted that she's trashed the presumption of innocence for the judge, Hirono claimed that Republicans were trying to "railroad" him through and that "women and enlightened men" know that this is all a "set-up."

https://www.dailywire.com/news/36280/watch-democratic-senator-called-out-failing-give-james-barrett

This_person

But Hirono made clear to Jackson that she believes his judicial record proves that he is not credible.

"I said his credibility is already questionable in my mind," she continued," because, one, he misstates cases, he missapplies cases, and, as I said at his hearing, we cannot have someone on the Supreme Court who does that..."

It is actually good to see someone provide a substantive critique of him beyond the clearly-fabricated stories recently out.

Sen Hirono (not sure why it isn't Sen Oshima. As a Japanese immigrant from Fukishima, it would seem she would want to honor the custom of taking her husband's name) has a Georgetown law degree, and actually used it as an Anti-Trust lawyer for some time before jumping into the politics gravy train.

It would be nice to hear her elaborate on her perception of his misstatement and/or misapplication of cases, not just the vague complaint.

Interestingly, if you watch Japanese news in English, they do not care one bit about Brett and his attackers. They are looking to China and how the trade war is hurting China (sorry, Trans, it is), and the scare it puts into Japan because they, too, have a trade imbalance with us. Of course, you don't hear Trump going after Japan because they are not doing anything patently illegal or even shady, like China does. But, they're worried, like China is. They are also talking about the North/South Korea summit(s), and how things are stabilizing out there because of Trump's efforts at getting those nations to do just that.

You know, news.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Every time I see that dumb woman on TV I want to punch her face. She's the Hawaiian Maxine Waters.

Hijinx

She would toss aside this mans record of trials and his record as a Judge and believe some woman who doesn't remember where she was what she was doing there and admits she was drunk.

Are you sh1tting me? Nobody is that stupid she is obeying her Lord and master the Democrat party.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
This is the LEGISLATIVE BRANCH doing this, ya'll. A bunch of lawyers saying that Kavanaugh is guilty until he can prove he is innocent.

Every single one of them should be kicked out of Congress.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
This is the LEGISLATIVE BRANCH doing this, ya'll. A bunch of lawyers saying that Kavanaugh is guilty until he can prove he is innocent.

Every single one of them should be kicked out of Congress.

It's just mind numbing, isn't it?! :lol:

The stunning things coming out of their mouths - it's nothing short of incredible. Every night watching the news - it's like I've fallen into a rabbit hole! :doh:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
42513340_1010528045809861_938584266961321984_n.jpg

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
On a positive note, now all of America knows the name Maizie Hirono. A week ago we didn't know she existed, now she'll probably be a 2020 Democrat primary candidate. The debate between her and Michael Avanatti should be excellent entertainment.

Hijinx

On a positive note, now all of America knows the name Maizie Hirono. A week ago we didn't know she existed, now she'll probably be a 2020 Democrat primary candidate. The debate between her and Michael Avanatti should be excellent entertainment.

A Hawaiian politician speaking of credibility after approving of Obama's fake Birth Certificate is laughable.
Plus where did this woman come from? Has she ever submitted a bill to the House?