Millennials Killing Another Tradition!

truby20

Fighting like a girl
So, I know most of the forum thinks I'm a drunk, but I've been here for 14 years, that has to at least get me something.

Here is another example of how the Boomers and Gen X'ers are the worst, remember how all the Holy Rollers were telling us that Satan was taking over because of the divorce rate? Well your poor kids listened, they picked good partners and are causing the divorce rate to plummet. Your high divorce rates harmed a generation beyond believe.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...s-are-causing-the-u-s-divorce-rate-to-plummet

But this is not on Fox, MSNBC, CNN, or anyone, no one cares about this!

littlelady

God bless the USA
That is because they live with their parents (many but not all) haven’t married, yet.

Last edited:

Grumpy

So, I know most of the forum thinks I'm a drunk, but I've been here for 14 years, that has to at least get me something.

Here is another example of how the Boomers and Gen X'ers are the worst, remember how all the Holy Rollers were telling us that Satan was taking over because of the divorce rate? Well your poor kids listened, they picked good partners and are causing the divorce rate to plummet. Your high divorce rates harmed a generation beyond believe.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...s-are-causing-the-u-s-divorce-rate-to-plummet

Attachments

• could-it-be-satan.jpg
    could-it-be-satan.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 208

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
.. remember how all the Holy Rollers were telling us that Satan was taking over because of the divorce rate?

.... have you seen the state of 'dating' in this country

what passes for 'entertainment' my 13 yr old asked her mother the other day - why is there so much Sex on TV and in Music

SamSpade

It was on Drudge yesterday. And I read it. Yawn. It dropped 18% - but not 18 percentage POINTS.

It's good, but not significant, yet. For now, it's a statistical blip because young adults are waiting longer to be married (and admittedly, miss many of the pitfalls that plague young marriages) but it's also a measurement of a trend over too short a period of time. Divorce rates have been trending downward for twenty years. If a marriage that FAILS collapses in 10 years, a twelve year span isn't long enough to see anything.

And I'm still not crazy about the idea that while population has grown - number of marriages has dropped. This has no direct effect on divorce rate - but it's not good for society.

SamSpade

Well your poor kids listened, they picked good partners and are causing the divorce rate to plummet. Your high divorce rates harmed a generation beyond believe.

There's not a shred of data to come to that conclusion. For all we know, it's because they're such slackers, they can't afford it.

Hijinx

People are getting married much later in life. I just went to a wedding where 2 people got married for the first time . They were 40 years old.
They are not marrying in a Church, they are marrying in fields , barns and on the beach and they make up their own vows.
Just about anyone can go on the internet and get a license to marry folks.
Many have their children as flower girls and ring bearers.

Not that there is anything wrong with this.

stgislander

PREMO Member
It was on Drudge yesterday. And I read it. Yawn. It dropped 18% - but not 18 percentage POINTS.

It's good, but not significant, yet. For now, it's a statistical blip because young adults are waiting longer to be married (and admittedly, miss many of the pitfalls that plague young marriages) but it's also a measurement of a trend over too short a period of time. Divorce rates have been trending downward for twenty years. If a marriage that FAILS collapses in 10 years, a twelve year span isn't long enough to see anything.

And I'm still not crazy about the idea that while population has grown - number of marriages has dropped. This has no direct effect on divorce rate - but it's not good for society.

There's not a shred of data to come to that conclusion. For all we know, it's because they're such slackers, they can't afford it.

So your saying she is drunk?

Grumpy

I've never seen anyone accuse you of being drunk. Crazy progbot, maybe; drunk, no.

There was a little of that a few weeks ago when she posted about something that I found was totally out of character for her. I may have made a drunk comment, or not..I know it crossed my mind.