Christine Blasey Ford offers Senate four people who corroborate her assault claims

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The attorneys for Christine Blasey Ford have sworn and signed declarations from four people who corroborate her claims of sexual assault by Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.

In documents sent to the Senate Judiciary Committee and obtained by USA TODAY, Ford’s attorneys present declarations from Ford’s husband, Russell, and three friends who support the California college professor’s accusation that Kavanaugh pinned her to a bed, groped her and attempted to pull off her clothes while both were high school students in 1982.

The declarations will be used by Ford’s attorneys during a committee hearing on Thursday that could determine the fate of Kavanaugh’s embattled nomination. He also faces a second accusation of sexual assault from Deborah Ramirez, who claims Kavanaugh exposed himself and pushed his genitals into her face at a drunken party during the 1983-84 academic year at Yale University.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...corroborate-sexual-assault-claims/1429270002/

:confused:

how can 4 other people [ there original Were ONLY 4 people present in the house during the Alleged Assault and only one in the room - and 3 already swore out statements] swear to what happened, when the accuser, does not know WHERE, OR WHEN the alleged incident took place

h3mech

The attorneys for Christine Blasey Ford have sworn and signed declarations from four people who corroborate her claims of sexual assault by Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.

In documents sent to the Senate Judiciary Committee and obtained by USA TODAY, Ford’s attorneys present declarations from Ford’s husband, Russell, and three friends who support the California college professor’s accusation that Kavanaugh pinned her to a bed, groped her and attempted to pull off her clothes while both were high school students in 1982.

The declarations will be used by Ford’s attorneys during a committee hearing on Thursday that could determine the fate of Kavanaugh’s embattled nomination. He also faces a second accusation of sexual assault from Deborah Ramirez, who claims Kavanaugh exposed himself and pushed his genitals into her face at a drunken party during the 1983-84 academic year at Yale University.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...corroborate-sexual-assault-claims/1429270002/

:confused:

how can 4 other people [ there original Were ONLY 4 people present in the house during the Alleged Assault and only one in the room - and 3 already swore out statements] swear to what happened, when the accuser, does not know WHERE, OR WHEN the alleged incident took place

this is all buillsh!t, vote after she doesn't showup on Thursday.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
when the accuser, does not know WHERE, OR WHEN the alleged incident took place

Eight big problems for Christine Blasey Ford’s story

1) For starters, Ford still can’t recall basic details of what she says was the most traumatic event in her life. Not where the “assault” took place — she’s not sure whose house it was, or even what street it was on. Nor when — she’s not even sure of the year, let alone the day and month.

Ford’s not certain how old she was or what grade she was in when she says an older student violently molested her. (But she doesn’t plead inebriation: She described having just “one beer” at the party.)

2) Ford concedes she told no one what happened to her at the time, not even her best friend or mother. That means she can rely on no contemporaneous witness to corroborate her story.

3) Worse, the four other people she identified as attending the party, including Kavanaugh, all deny knowledge of the gathering in question, including Leland Ingham Keyser, who she calls a “lifelong friend.”

Keyser’s lawyer told the Senate Judiciary Committee: “Simply put, Ms. Keyser does not know Mr. Kavanaugh and she has no recollection of ever being at a party or gathering where he was present, with or without Dr. Ford.”

4) Her own immediate family doesn’t appear to be backing her up, either. Her mother, father and two siblings are all conspicuously absent from a letter of support released by a dozen relatives, mostly on her husband’s side of the family.

The letter attests to her honesty and integrity. “Why didn’t her parents and brothers sign the letter?” a congressional source familiar with the investigation wondered.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Ford's lawyers sent "sworn and signed declarations from four people" to the Senate Judiciary Committee, which they claim corroborate Ford's claim that Kavanaugh sexually assaulted her.

All four people who can "corroborate" her claims were told in the years after her 2012 therapy sessions — where she never used Kavanaugh's name — about the alleged incident from over 35 years ago.

One of the people listed is her husband, the other three are close friends of hers. USA Today reports:

• In her declaration, Adela Gildo-Mazzon said Ford told her about the alleged assault during a June 2013 meal at a restaurant in Mountain View, California, and contacted Ford’s attorneys on Sept. 16 to tell them Ford had confided in her five years ago.
  • In another declaration, Keith Koegler said Ford revealed the alleged assault to him in 2016, when the two parents were watching their children play in a public place and discussing the "light" sentencing of Stanford University student Brock Turner.
  • In another declaration, Rebecca White, a neighbor and friend of more than six years, said Ford revealed the alleged assault against her in 2017.
  • In his declaration, Ford’s husband said he learned of his wife’s experience with sexual assault "around the time we got married" but that she didn’t share details until a couple’s therapy session in 2012.

The statements from these four people do not change the numerous problems with Ford's allegations, which Paul Sperry of the New York Post outlines:

1. Ford still does not remember where the party happened and is not certain of what year it took place, although she thinks it was most likely 1982 — a year that Kavanaugh has calendars from, which casts further doubt on her memory.

2. Ford told no one at the time what she claims happened, which means she has no contemporaneous witnesses to back up her story.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/36325/kavanaugh-accuser-has-four-people-corroborate-ryan-saavedra

seriously ..... her husband and 3 close friends - none of which were AT THE PARTY

Hijinx

So the testimony by her husband and these others is that Ford told them she was molested at a party.

You mean a lawyer. A lawyer that is paid to know the law is using this as testimony of her story being true?

I am not a lawyer, but I can see the worth of these statements.

At the firing range this would be called Maggies drawers. A miss.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
So the testimony by her husband and these others is that Ford told them she was molested at a party.

It's hearsay and inadmissible in a court of law. The Democrat Senators know this because they are lawyers by trade. But they also know that your average progbot Dem voted not only doesn't know chit about the law, they don't want to know anything other than Dem=good and GOP=evil.

Midnightrider

It's hearsay and inadmissible in a court of law. The Democrat Senators know this because they are lawyers by trade. But they also know that your average progbot Dem voted not only doesn't know chit about the law, they don't want to know anything other than Dem=good and GOP=evil.

Her comments to the counselor would most likely be admissible, particularly if the Counselor has notes from the sessions.

Hijinx

Well that's my point.
Her Attorney's ( we have to assume they passed the bar) must have passed more than one bar ( must be drunk) to submit these statements as part of their case.
Hope they aren't charging her much.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Her comments to the counselor would most likely be admissible, particularly if the Counselor has notes from the sessions.

The notes from the counselor do not mention Kavanaugh's name. Inadmissible.

So real question, because I'm genuinely interested:

Do you believe Ford's story?

If so, I have some questions.

Hijinx

I wasn't asked (Midnight was) but it's a public forum.
Do I believe her story?
Parts of it.
I don't doubt she got drunk and went to a party with other kids.
I don't doubt she got scared when someone started playing sexy with her.
I don't doubt she got scared and ran off.

My doubt comes to where she cannot remember where she was, how she got there, how she got home.
But she wears a pink vagina hat and marches with Sansour, and is a liberal of the fist rank see's Trump putting up Kavanaugh for the SCOTUS and all of a sudden the name strikes a cord in her memory. A name she never mentioned to her shrink. She never told her husband his name.But it came to her in a liberal vision. Everything cleared up as though a light was shined on it.

Midnightrider

No, I have said from the beginning I thought her claims were BS.

I’m just speaking about what is generally admissible

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
No, I have said from the beginning I thought her claims were BS.

Well...rats.

I'd like to question a lucid person who believes her and find out why exactly. It's pretty clear her story - at least as it involves Brett Kavanaugh - is bull####. There is no credible portion of it, like, at all. So I'm curious how anyone reasonably sane can believe her.

By "reasonably sane" I mean someone who looks at the evidence (or lack thereof) and doesn't just say he *must* be guilty because "women don't lie".

Midnightrider

Well...rats.

I'd like to question a lucid person who believes her and find out why exactly. It's pretty clear her story - at least as it involves Brett Kavanaugh - is bull####. There is no credible portion of it, like, at all. So I'm curious how anyone reasonably sane can believe her.

By "reasonably sane" I mean someone who looks at the evidence (or lack thereof) and doesn't just say he *must* be guilty because "women don't lie".

Most people who believe either her or Kavanaugh are doing so because that’s what they want to believe. There is no way for any of us to know what happened and I’m not taking either of their stories on faith. That being said she lost credibility when they waited until after the hearings ended.