Ethics question:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If someone offered you a large amount of money to lie under oath and say you witnessed something you didn't, would you do it?

"Large amount of money" is subjective, so let's say $1 million just to encompass pretty much anyone's idea of what a large amount of money is.

I'd be tempted, but wouldn't do it because it's bad karma, and then bad things would happen to me because my karma was hosed.

#2 reason I wouldn't is because I'd be pretty sure whatever scumbag was trying to build a case on a lie would figure out a way to cheat me out of the money. What are you gonna do, sue them for it? They won't give it to you up front because then you can renege and they'll have no recourse. Getting in bed with crooks almost never ends well.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
"Large amount of money" is subjective, so let's say $1 million just to encompass pretty much anyone's idea of what a large amount of money is.

with 750k houses in the area 1 mill is chump change - more like 35 mil in a Go Fund Me Campaign

Hijinx

not if it would keep Obama from being elected ?

Why would I have to lie.

The truth should have kept him out, but voters were all fired up to have the first well spoken black as President and the truth was buried by the media.
The people who had a sh1t fit about a rumor of Bush using drugs listened to Obama brag on it and laughed.
Much of his past is still buried, and I truthfully believe in my heart that his Birth Certificate isn't worth wiping my ass with.

limblips

PREMO Member
No I wouldn't but not because of any benevolent reason. With age, I have learned that immediate rewards seldom last long but guilt and regret never go away. I value my sleep.

Last edited:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
No. I've been subject of nasty and unfounded gossip. As much as I would like to smear those perpetrators, I won't stoop to their level. Again, karma...

SamSpade

If to get rid of a Hillary, I'd have to BECOME a Hillary, I'd rather emasculate myself with a rusty knife.

If someone needs to be taken down, the truth is powerful enough - when it's not, I don't want to be in that world.

This_person

There's the old story of the billionaire who asks a woman if she would sleep with him for $1M, and she agrees. He then asks if she would sleep with him for $10.

Offended, she says no and indignantly asks, "what kind of woman do you think I am?"

He answers, "We have already established what kind of woman you are; now we are just negotiating price."

I know what kind of man I am, and price won't change that. No, I would not lie like that.

stgislander

PREMO Member
There's the old story of the billionaire who asks a woman if she would sleep with him for $1M, and she agrees. He then asks if she would sleep with him for $10.

Offended, she says no and indignantly asks, "what kind of woman do you think I am?"

He answers, "We have already established what kind of woman you are; now we are just negotiating price."

I know what kind of man I am, and price won't change that. No, I would not lie like that.

I've heard that attributed to Winston Churchill.