Leaving the Left

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
He still disagrees with conservatives about many things -- he's a married gay man who is pro-pot and pro-criminal justice reform. But he found that conservatives are willing to debate those topics. "For all the differences that we have -- I'm pro-choice; most of them are pro-life. I'm against the death penalty; most of them are for the death penalty -- they're all willing to sit down and discuss ideas."

Some of his podcasts last one or more hours. I never thought people would be interested in such long interviews, but I was wrong. Millions listen and watch his YouTube videos.

"I didn't know what was going to happen, but I started doing these long-form interviews, and people kept watching. Suddenly, I realized, 'Whoa, there're a lot of people thinking the things that I'm thinking.'"

Today, his former left-wing colleagues hate him.

"He's a puppet for the right wing," said Ana Kasparian on Rubin's old Young Turks network. "He was lazy when he worked here. He's lazy now with his ridiculous show."

To me, she sounded jealous.

"I lose friends now," says Rubin. "This goes to the laziness of the argument of the left. They truly believe that if you disagree, you're evil."

Many on the left have also come to believe that words themselves are a form of violence, so some now said Rubin's words must not be heard.

https://townhall.com/columnists/johnstossel/2018/09/26/leaving-the-left-n2522473