Revelation 4 God's Place

seekeroftruth

Revelation 4:2 At once I was in the Spirit, and there before me was a throne in heaven with someone sitting on it. 3 And the one who sat there had the appearance of jasper and ruby. A rainbow that shone like an emerald encircled the throne. 4 Surrounding the throne were twenty-four other thrones, and seated on them were twenty-four elders. They were dressed in white and had crowns of gold on their heads. 5 From the throne came flashes of lightning, rumblings and peals of thunder. In front of the throne, seven lamps were blazing. These are the seven spirits[a] of God. 6 Also in front of the throne there was what looked like a sea of glass, clear as crystal.​

Revelation 4:5 That is, the sevenfold Spirit

I've seen some beautiful places here on earth. God definitely does gorgeous work. Just pick one thing... like the iris of a baby's eyes.. and consider what the pattern in heaven must of looked like. Man only got the pleasure of finding and naming all God's projects.... God must have had the original.. the best... at His place. They must live in inconceivable beauty and energy.

Let me give you an example....
cre.jpg

This picture was taken by an amateur at Driftwood Beach. What words could you possibly use to describe its beauty to someone who is going to read this 2000 years from now... so that they can get the picture. I know John would have had no words... but remember... John has an interpreter. BUT wait... how do you describe the minute differences and energy in the colors of that green rainbow that circled the throne. Humans can't comprehend.... [unless maybe John has use of the other 90% of his brain]. It's Heaven after all.

IMHO There is no way to describe the beauty and energy of God's place. The Taj Mahol is supposed to be glorious... it doesn't have a throne that would throw lightning. How would I describe it? Do you see why the commentaries don't do these verses justice?

This is from the easy English site.

John saw a door that was open. It was the way into heaven. The voice that John heard before spoke to him again. It called him to come up through that door.

The Lord told John about the events on earth. But before that, the Lord showed John something of heaven. There, God is on the throne. The control of all history is in heaven and not on earth. God has the end of history in his plans. His plans cannot fail. What the Lord showed to John will happen.

The first thing that John sees in heaven is a throne. The person on the throne is the king of all. He is the Lord God who has all power. This throne is above all other thrones. God is king above all other kings.

The throne of God is the centre of heaven. All in heaven look to the throne. God sits there on the throne. All of them worship and serve him.

Verse 3 John did not write about God as having a physical body. Rather, John gives an impression of God as bright light. This bright light shone as the light shines from precious stones.

The jasper was probably a clear stone like a diamond. The carnelian was red. The throne was like emerald, which reflects green light. There was a rainbow, which glows with all colours. The effect of all these colours is to show the glory of God.

John could not describe all that he had seen. He could only give us an impression of these things. The languages of earth are not able to describe what is in heaven. There are similar descriptions in Ezekiel chapter 1 and Isaiah chapter 6.

Verse 4 John does not tell us who the 24 elders are. But they each sat on a throne. Each time they appear in this book, they are praising God. They bring to God the prayers of his people (Revelation 5:8). In this, they serve the church but they are not the church. We think that they are special angels. Their job is to serve and to praise God.

The white clothes show that the elders are clean from sin. Their crowns show that they are royal people.

Verse 5 The lightning and thunder give an impression of the power of God. John hears these sounds as the voice of God. God speaks from his throne.

We cannot see the Holy Spirit. He appeared as flames of fire on the day of Pentecost (Acts 2:3). So here, the 7 lamps show that the Holy Spirit is there.

He is also the 7 Spirits of God. We should not understand this as 7 Spirits. These show seven views of the same Spirit. The number 7 in scripture is the perfect or complete number. Here it shows that the person and work of the Spirit is perfect.​

I can only imagine and look forward to seeing the throne of God. If you really want to know what it looks like.... there's only one way to find out... you have to accept Jesus Christ as your personal Savior to find out what color God's throne really is.

The lampstands are there.... and remember.... Jesus only accepted one out of seven churches because He can see thru to the soul.

:coffee: