Thread: Atlantic Broadband - are we getting an internet speed increase?

Question Atlantic Broadband - are we getting an internet speed increase?

I was looking on the Atlantic Broadband website - for our area (St. Mary's) the two choices for internet speeds are now listed as 50Mbps or 250Mbps. Currently I'm getting 200Mpbs.

Are we getting an automatic increase soon up to 250Mbps? I tried rebooting the cable modem but speed is still 200Mbps.

Quote Originally Posted by imaref View Post
    I was looking on the Atlantic Broadband website - for our area (St. Mary's) the two choices for internet speeds are now listed as 50Mbps or 250Mbps. Currently I'm getting 200Mpbs.

Are we getting an automatic increase soon up to 250Mbps? I tried rebooting the cable modem but speed is still 200Mbps.
    I don't even get that. I don't know where they're getting their numbers, unless it refers to new customers.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds." Teddy Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    I don't even get that.
    We get close to 50 sometimes....
    "I've got to start eating at home more" - J. Dahmer

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    I pull 197-203... call them up... bug them... if you're paying for it make them work to make it happen
    Listen to me now, and believe me later: it doesn't matter how much you pump up those muscles, as long as you reach the full pumptential.

It's not 'roids but thanks for noticing...

So... after being on hold for almost an HOUR, if you currently have the 200Mbps download package, you are "grandfathered" at the speed/price you are paying now. If you want the NEW 250Mbps download speed, it's $89.99 + $10 Wifi + $10 Modem. Didn't sound like the Wifi and Modem were options that could be refused.

HA. No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by warneckutz View Post
    I pull 197-203... call them up... bug them... if you're paying for it make them work to make it happen
    LOL...they've had technicians down here for days on end ust to make the 50 work. This island is very poorly served when it comes to both phone and cable infrastructure.
    "I've got to start eating at home more" - J. Dahmer

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    That's about as good as we ever get.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds." Teddy Roosevelt

Mostly settled in... spr1975wshs's Avatar
    Had an outage of over 8 hours today for internet and phone, plus about 30 minutes right when game 7 of the NLCS started for TV.
    Claimed they had a break in their fiber-optic cable near Great Mills High School.
    Take care - Steven
    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

Quote Originally Posted by imaref View Post
    So... after being on hold for almost an HOUR, if you currently have the 200Mbps download package, you are "grandfathered" at the speed/price you are paying now. If you want the NEW 250Mbps download speed, it's $89.99 + $10 Wifi + $10 Modem. Didn't sound like the Wifi and Modem were options that could be refused.

HA. No thanks.
    That's too bad. Hopefully this doesn't mean an indefinite end to speed increases.

Might be an end to speed increases, but CERTAINLY won't be the end of BILL increases...

Members who have read this thread: 67