Atlantic Broadband - are we getting an internet speed increase?

imaref

I was looking on the Atlantic Broadband website - for our area (St. Mary's) the two choices for internet speeds are now listed as 50Mbps or 250Mbps. Currently I'm getting 200Mpbs.

Are we getting an automatic increase soon up to 250Mbps? I tried rebooting the cable modem but speed is still 200Mbps.

SamSpade

I was looking on the Atlantic Broadband website - for our area (St. Mary's) the two choices for internet speeds are now listed as 50Mbps or 250Mbps. Currently I'm getting 200Mpbs.

Are we getting an automatic increase soon up to 250Mbps? I tried rebooting the cable modem but speed is still 200Mbps.

I don't even get that. I don't know where they're getting their numbers, unless it refers to new customers.

imaref

So... after being on hold for almost an HOUR, if you currently have the 200Mbps download package, you are "grandfathered" at the speed/price you are paying now. If you want the NEW 250Mbps download speed, it's $89.99 + $10 Wifi + $10 Modem. Didn't sound like the Wifi and Modem were options that could be refused.

HA. No thanks.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I pull 197-203... call them up... bug them... if you're paying for it make them work to make it happen

LOL...they've had technicians down here for days on end ust to make the 50 work. This island is very poorly served when it comes to both phone and cable infrastructure.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Had an outage of over 8 hours today for internet and phone, plus about 30 minutes right when game 7 of the NLCS started for TV.
Claimed they had a break in their fiber-optic cable near Great Mills High School.

wubbles

So... after being on hold for almost an HOUR, if you currently have the 200Mbps download package, you are "grandfathered" at the speed/price you are paying now. If you want the NEW 250Mbps download speed, it's $89.99 + $10 Wifi + $10 Modem. Didn't sound like the Wifi and Modem were options that could be refused.

HA. No thanks.

That's too bad. Hopefully this doesn't mean an indefinite end to speed increases.