Revelation 4 God's Board Room

seekeroftruth

Revelation 4:8 Each of the four living creatures had six wings and was covered with eyes all around, even under its wings. Day and night they never stop saying:

“‘Holy, holy, holy

is the Lord God Almighty,’(b)

who was, and is, and is to come.”​

9 Whenever the living creatures give glory, honor and thanks to him who sits on the throne and who lives for ever and ever, 10 the twenty-four elders fall down before him who sits on the throne and worship him who lives for ever and ever. They lay their crowns before the throne and say:

“You are worthy, our Lord and God,
to receive glory and honor and power,
for you created all things,
and by your will they were created
and have their being.”​

b. Revelation 4:8 Isaiah 6:3

We were just here yesterday. God is sitting on His Throne. The throne itself is alive... thunder and lightning are firing out of it because it has so much energy.

There are four creatures in the throne itself that are alive... they hold the throne up... they each have a unique face. One is a lion looking thing, one an ox looking thing, one a human looking thing, and the fourth is an eagle looking thing. They're all alive.

There are also 24 Elders in the board room. They have on white robes and gold crowns. This is from Enduringword.com.

On the thrones I saw twenty-four elders sitting: Who are these twenty-four elders? Commentators debate whether they are glorified human beings or angelic beings. Taking all things into consideration, the elders certainly seem to represent God’s people.

Elders represent the people of God, especially in the Old Testament. The 24 courses of the priesthood represented all the priests (1 Chronicles 24), and the 12 tribes and the 12 apostles represent all the faithful.

In Revelation 5:9-10, the twenty-four elders sang a song of praise to Jesus, and they cried out: For You were slain, and have redeemed us to God by Your blood, out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation. In that passage, the twenty-four elders clearly spoke as representatives of all God’s people, of the great company of the redeemed.​

I read ahead yesterday and when I read this... the first thing that hit me was.... those poor elders... all day long they were bending at the knee and reaching out to toss that crown.... my arthritic knees are just screaming in pain just thinking about it. So... I had to step back and get an out of the weeds look at it.

Every time God does something there is Glory, Honor, and Thanks. God doesn't rely on humans for that glory, honor, and thanks.... it's built right into His Living Throne. God doesn't need the church to fall to its knees and worship Him. He's got the Elders and the Angels for that.

I'm going to change the party on my voter registration. I'm going to change it to Theocrat. The government in Heaven is running smooth with no bickering or partisanship. Everyone is in agreement. God is in charge.... the elders are in agreement.... the stage is set. Jesus's best human buddy, John, is about to witness the Board Meeting of God concerning the future of the planet earth and its inhabitants.

:coffee: