Revelation 6 NOT Jesus???

seekeroftruth

Revelation 6:1 I watched as the Lamb opened the first of the seven seals. Then I heard one of the four living creatures say in a voice like thunder, “Come!” 2 I looked, and there before me was a white horse! Its rider held a bow, and he was given a crown, and he rode out as a conqueror bent on conquest.​

Now... Jesus just broke the first seal.

This is from the easy English site.

The Lamb opened the first seal of the scroll. He started the events of the last days. These are in the 7 seals. The last seal includes the 7 trumpets. The last trumpet includes the 7 bowls. The end of the world comes after the 7 bowls.

One of the four creatures called out. His voice was loud like the sound of thunder. He called for the first horseman to come. And John saw a white horse. The rider had a bow and a crown. He rode to fight and to win battles on the earth.

This rider was not Christ. Christ does come on a white horse in chapter 19. But Christ has many crowns. And, in that description, a sharp sword comes out of his mouth. But here, Christ opened the seal that caused this rider to come.

This was an evil rider. His aim was to hurt people and to fight battles. He was powerful and he did much damage on the earth.

According to the commentary .....This is the anti-christ.... the opposite of Jesus Christ the Messiah and Savior.

This is a slick talker... a diplomat... not unlike Trump, Putin, Netanyahu, or Macron. See, it says he had a crown [leader] but his quiver is empty [diplomat rather than warrior].

Now... the commentary at amazingdiscoveries.org has a completely different view. They claim it is Jesus... sort of....

The 1st Seal: A White horse: The Pure Church

White represents purity and righteousness. Revelation 7:14; 19:8; Isaiah 1:18. The pure white church went out “conquering and to conquer.” During this time the Gospel spread like wild fire. Paul said that the Gospel “was preached to every creature which is under heaven” (Colossians 1:23), and his opponents said that they had, “turned the world upside down.” Acts 17:6. The white horse is the apostolic church going forth victoriously under the banner of Prince Jesus.

This, however, is from discoverrevelation.com.... and it also points to the anti-christ rather than Jesus as the one mounted on the horse.

The First Seal: Initiates the worldwide conquest by the false messiah, the Antichrist (compare Matt. 24:5). He will be the final Gentile world ruler (see 13:1-7). This horseman is not the same as the one described (in Rev. 19:11), which is Christ at His second coming.

"A White Horse": The first of the 4 horsemen of the Apocalypse is white. The rider has a bow but no arrows, indicating that although he is militarily strong, in the beginning he does his conquering by diplomacy. Since he wears a crown, we know he is successful in his efforts. And who is the rider on the white horse? There can be no doubt that it is the “force” of the Antichrist, who through deceit and clever maneuvering will bring a false peace to the world. But that peace will not last.

The animal represents an unparalleled time of world peace, a false peace that is to be short-lived (see note on verse 4). This peace will be ushered in by a series of false messiahs, culminating with the Antichrist (Matt. 24:3-5; (see article “Antichrist”).

"He that sat on him": The 4 horses and their riders do not represent specific individuals, but forces. Many identify this rider with Antichrist. Although he will be the leading figure, John's point is that the entire world will follow him, being obsessed with pursing this false peace.

"Bow": The bow is a symbol of war, but the absence of arrows implies that this victory is a bloodless one, a peace won by covenant and agreement, not by war (compare Dan. 9:24-27).

"Crown": This word refers to the kind of laurel wreath awarded winning athletes. It "was given to him". Antichrist becomes king, elected by the world's inhabitants regardless of the cost, and will conquer the entire earth in a bloodless coup.

The Bible is spoken of as a two edged sword. We are told over and over that the flesh and the Spirit are in constant conflict.​

So when the commentaries are so completely different... what's an old woman with an online Bible, and some online commentaries, and prayer to do?

Sometimes I wonder if it's already started. What with the "me too" movements and the "it wasn't me who ruined your election" and the "what do you mean we have to pay for our own protection" and the "brexit" financial debacle and the changes on the Supreme Court as well as the "fake news" facade.... it seems that the world is in horrible shape.

It's easy to warp the truth when humans lie so easily. It's easy to warp the truth when understanding scripture is dependent on witnesses [commentators] and the witnesses are not in agreement. Perhaps it's the "vision" of purity that is important in this case. I don't think this rider is Jesus because this rider is "given" a crown. Jesus earned His crown.

IMHO...

When the United States moved their diplomats from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem... it meant something.

When the President of the United States said that he supports a single state solution in the conflict between Israel and Palestine... It meant something.

When Israel gave the Palestinians eight days to get out.... it meant something.

:coffee:

Last edited: