A Star Is Born

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Go see it. Excellent movie and Gaga was definitely the star of it. What's his face made a credible country singer, but Gaga is a natural actress and was perfect in this role. Get her AHS gigs out of your head - she knocks it out of the park in this movie.

Madonna must be seething with jealousy because her movies always sucked (and she sucked in them), but Gaga has made the transition to movie star. She'll get an Oscar nomination, I'm sure.

It took me most of the movie before I recognized Andrew Dice Clay. :lol:

Last edited:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
That's a great review! Foxhound and I saw it Saturday night and we both loved it! I love Lady Gaga's voice and the soundtrack is magnificent for her. :yay: I am going to download it, because I loved the songs that much.

Bradley Cooper directed this movie -and he did a great job making her the star. He could have easily taken the focus, since he has that "star quality" thing going :biggrin: but I think you're right - she will probably get an Oscar nomination out of this!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
So now that I've seen the movie, I can remove Gaga and Bradley from my media blackout. I wanted to enjoy this movie and not have it overshadowed by their retarded political ravings.

I'm not sure why entertainers do this - go out of their way to insult and offend their audience. It's impossible for me to watch anything with Robert De Niro in it. No matter what role he's playing, all I see is a drunken stumblebum calling our President filthy names and threatening to beat him up.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
So now that I've seen the movie, I can remove Gaga and Bradley from my media blackout. I wanted to enjoy this movie and not have it overshadowed by their retarded political ravings.

I'm not sure why entertainers do this - go out of their way to insult and offend their audience. It's impossible for me to watch anything with Robert De Niro in it. No matter what role he's playing, all I see is a drunken stumblebum calling our President filthy names and threatening to beat him up.

Someone we both know has been very actively posting anti-Kavanaugh and PRO-Ford stuff on her FB page. I saw that she posted a video of Lady G and knowing how much she also loved her, I almost took time to watch. THEN, I saw that the captioned text said something like "what Ford was doing was protecting women".

Yeah, glad I didn't waste my time on that. :yay:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I watched it last weekend and it was very good. Lady Gaga was definitely the star and it was an amazing performance. Bradley Cooper was very good but was totally eclipsed by her. But those blue eyes. 🤤