What should I read next?

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Recently I've gone through a bunch of non fiction books by patrol officers of city police departments or of draftee grunts from the Vietnam war. I prefer non fiction but a good novel that is somewhat historical might be a good change of pace.

The interesting thing about the war books are that most have been written in the last 5 years. Guys that spent time in the bush in Vietnam are all writing about their experiences. Most felt that nobody wanted to hear their stories when they returned stateside in the 1960s. Reading them you can understand how they have PTSD from being on edge for days on end while patrolling the jungle. I'm glad they got around to recording their memories.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Recently I've gone through a bunch of non fiction books by patrol officers of city police departments or of draftee grunts from the Vietnam war. I prefer non fiction but a good novel that is somewhat historical might be a good change of pace.

The interesting thing about the war books are that most have been written in the last 5 years. Guys that spent time in the bush in Vietnam are all writing about their experiences. Most felt that nobody wanted to hear their stories when they returned stateside in the 1960s. Reading them you can understand how they have PTSD from being on edge for days on end while patrolling the jungle. I'm glad they got around to recording their memories.

Very emotional stuff. Our babysitter was an Eagle Scout when growing up with my bros. He was drafted and died in Vietnam. His death truly affected my life, and what I think. Drafting is communist. Here he is...http://www.vvmf.org/Wall-of-Faces/25856/JAMES-R-JERSON

I know this suggestion might not be what you are looking for, but I recommend Saving Sprite by Mark Levin. Just for a change of pace. I have a feeling you like Mark. :smile:

Last edited:

Bobwhite

Ken Follett writes excellent historical fiction. Another of my favorites is Bodie and Brock Thoene.