Revelation 6 Red Horse

seekeroftruth

Revelation 6:3 When the Lamb opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature say, “Come!” 4 Then another horse came out, a fiery red one. Its rider was given power to take peace from the earth and to make people kill each other. To him was given a large sword.​

This is the commentary from the easy English site.

The Lamb opened the second seal. The second creature called, ‘Come.’ A bright red horse came. The rider had received a large sword. He received the power to take peace from the earth.

This evil man caused people to kill each other. The red horse was the colour of blood. There were wars across the whole earth. The colour red reminds us about the blood of those who died in the battles.​

And....Amazingdiscoveries.org is still on the bad church soap box.

The 2nd Seal: A Red Horse: The Persecuting Church. Red is the color of sin (Isaiah 1:18), the dragon (Revelation 12:3) and bloodshed (2 Kings 3:22-23). When the faith and devotion of the Church became corrupted it lost the power of God to carry the Gospel forward in victory. It then began using the power of the state, uniting with the dragon (Pagan Rome in the form of the Emperor Constantine) to persecute dissenters. The phrase “kill one another” suggests internal controversy, discord and strife.

Ok... old lady with an online Bible here..... I thought about this church connection all day long yesterday. It was too disjointed from the others so it stood out. So.... I'm game... I'll follow both routes because I think they both end up the same place.

That feeling.... when you first accept Jesus as your personal Savior .... that feeling when you rise up out of the Baptismal water.... clean, fresh, new.... alive, revived, ready to get to it.... full of Christ. That's the white horse.

Then when you see the church throw away your friend because she didn't conform.... or when the affair she was having with the preacher drove her insane.... or when your son changes because something happened at church.... or when a man walks into a prayer meeting and shoots everyone in the building.... well that's the red horse​

Back to the whole world ramifications. this is from the Enduringword.com site.

Another horse, fiery red, went out. And it was granted to the one who sat on it to take peace from the earth: This rider didn’t need to bring war and destruction. All he needed to do was take peace from the earth. Once this peace – God’s gift to man – was taken, men quickly rush in with war and destruction.

Peace between men and among nations is a gift from God. It is not the natural state of relations between men.

And it was granted: This authority was granted to the horseman. This is, directly or indirectly, the judgment of God.

That people should kill one another: Our modern age is marked by war and conflict. Since World War II, there have been more than 150 wars of some kind in the world, and at any given time there may be some three dozen armed conflicts taking thousands of lives yearly. The nations of the world often spend more than $1 trillion on military expenditures a year.​

Jesus said....

"You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come." Matthew 24:6​

The one thing I've learned here..... Peace is a gift.

I hadn't considered it before... but humans are animals... and they will fight over food just like a dog if not ruled by their superior conscience. As time continues.... I wonder if God will be completely bred out... so that people are just animals at the end.

So... we have this super slick politician fooling everyone into thinking that politician is the next best thing since Santa Clause..... and someone else going around poking people to make them fight. So when people are unable to trust the guy next door.... the next best thing since Santa Clause is looking more and more palatable to the world of human animals.

:coffee:

Last edited: