Revelation 6 Black Horse

seekeroftruth

Revelation 6:5 When the Lamb opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, “Come!” I looked, and there before me was a black horse! Its rider was holding a pair of scales in his hand. 6 Then I heard what sounded like a voice among the four living creatures, saying, “Two pounds[a] of wheat for a day’s wages,(b) and six pounds[c] of barley for a day’s wages,[d] and do not damage the oil and the wine!”​

a. Revelation 6:6 Or about 1 kilogram
b. Revelation 6:6 Greek a denarius
c. Revelation 6:6 Or about 3 kilograms
d. Revelation 6:6 Greek a denarius

Jesus gave away a lot of food. He fed thousands on the mount during a couple of his meetings. He fed well over 9,000 people in Matthew 14 & 15.

The white horse has already been here. The grain, corn, and wheat are probably already under contract before they are sown. The rich probably own all the food due to the charisma of the rider of the white horse.

The red horse has already been here. Hate brings greed. Sharing isn't something a hateful person finds fun. Hate drives up prices. Hate brings war. War drives up costs. During war, people turn their plows into weapons. Food becomes scarce. People fight for more food.... hate perpetuates itself.

Now the black horse is here. This is famine and disease. Food is going to be too expensive. I can remember when chuck was $.19 and now... when it's on sale.... it's $1.99. I can remember gas at the same price.... we lived in Baltimore in the late 60's and gas wars brought the price of gas down to 12 cents a gallon.... and now... well we all know it's more than $2.

Amazingdiscoveries.org is still talking about the horses and the church.

The 3rd Seal: A Black Horse: The Corrupt Church. Black is the color of darkness and error. The “balances” used for measuring “wheat” and “barley” are a symbol of the buying and selling of the Gospel, salvation and forgiveness. The “wheat” and “barley” was 8-16 times more expensive than normal indicating scarcity and famine. The Church, during this time, entered a period of great moral and doctrinal error, substituting pagan beliefs and practices for the truths of God’s Word, and merchandising the Gospel. Thus they caused a scarcity of the bread of life. God decreed, “Hurt not the oil and the wine,” which symbolize the Holy Spirit (Zechariah 4:3, 6) and the blood of Jesus (Matthew 26:26-29). Even though the Church was in great darkness, God preserved a people with the true Gospel of salvation.​

This is from enduringword.com.

A black horse, and he who sat on it had a pair of scales in his hand: The scales symbolized the need to carefully measure and ration food. This speaks of a time of scarcity.

A quart of wheat for a denarius, and three quarts of barley for a denarius: These prices are about twelve times higher than normal. It means that it would cost a day’s wage to buy the ingredients for a loaf of bread. This describes “a time of famine when life will be reduced to the barest necessities.” (Walvoord)​

We often see great famine in the world today, yet fewer people suffer from hunger today than 100 years ago. However, understanding the world’s precarious ecological balance, it would not take much to plunge many into the kind of scarcity and inequity mentioned here.​

Do not harm the oil and the wine: Yet, the nicer things will be available for those who can afford them. There will still be the oil and the wine that should not be harmed.​

Jesus said it would be harder for a rich man to get to heaven... than it would for a camel to go through the eye of a needle. I feel so sorry for the rich. This morning, the TV was on when I woke up. JSM was on. There was a discussion group and in my sleep hazed mind.... it seemed that they were arguing about a letter. In this letter a woman was apparently complaining about something that these people didn't agree with. These good "christians" were vehemently defending themselves....... hatefully.... defending themselves. I invite others to go see the site.... jsm.org.... and tell me it doesn't remind you of someone who would buy the bread for themselves while leaving the crust for us.

There are churches.... not all but a lot of churches.... who don't feed the poor. I spoke with the people at a Baptist church [this church is not one in Maryland] about their food bank. They don't have one. "It's too much trouble."

And it's going to get worse???? !!!!

:coffee: